Ultra Yellow Bumper Respay *UPDATED PICS*

Beavis

I have been reading this thread with interest as i am going through a similar thing myself. To be honest i would prefer to be matching Azure blue than ultra yellow. :blush:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19407

Anyhow as many of you know my front bumper got damaged late last year and luckily for me bigphil at ESR had Tilly's original front bumper at his place. But to be honest on closer inspection i was not happy it was badly pitted and and we have since found out it had been partly (badly) resprayed. This wont do for me so i have taken the plunge to get it totally stripped back and resprayed. Its been done as we speak at a local prestige car repairer. I know others have had ultra yellow paint done before, but to use all the stages for this paint is eye watering expensive per litre :scare:

Paintcode for ultra yellow is E33.

Anyhow if any of you are getting your bumpers resprayed get your bodyshop to spray out a sample like this.

DSC_0338.jpg

Overall i am very pleased with the matching. B) What does anyone else think? Hope this gives hope to other contemplating painting front bumpers. ;) Like i said this is not a cheap job as i am having all the stages involed with this paint done and also remember you have the option of flipping the paint into the wings. I am hoping that in this case that wont have to be done. So chin up you Azure owners i beleive a good match is possible. :thumbs:

Also remember these are taken in artifical light with a flash too, i have seen lots of gunmetal pictures taken recently of cars that have had paint work done and they are no where near this match, unless gunmetal reflects the light in a different way to yellow?

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg[/b]

Dave it looks good - but lets be honest a colour blind monkey with no idea of paint spraying could do a better job of matching the body colour than Nissan can in their own factory!

Looking forward to seeing the end result?

Btw good to see the front of the car minus bumper gives me a good idea of how it all looks?

Coincidentally a fe**ing rock hit my front wing the other morning just above the wing/bumper join next to the headlight - made a dint in the tinny metal wing - its bugging me as its right where the light catches your eye! :rant: A job for later in the year I think :dry:

I had an absolute knightmare with my azure, my kit had to be sprayed 3 times (at the cost of the bodyshop) in the end we had to get the paint from a different supplier and it matched. If the bodyshop had done spray outs first it all could have been avoided! :thumbs:

I had an absolute knightmare with my azure, my kit had to be sprayed 3 times (at the cost of the bodyshop) in the end we had to get the paint from a different supplier and it matched. If the bodyshop had done spray outs first it all could have been avoided! :thumbs:

I agree its down to a decent supplier who checks it by eye and not just rely on the computer to do the work - lets it dry on a stick then checks the match (as well as decent paint like ICI Standox for example - non of yer Autopaints international P*** water cheap supplier of the month paint!)

Dave that looks a really good match think you will be chuffed with the result :thumbs:

Mine was a headache Dave. The bodyshop that did mine had to make 27, yes twenty seven sample cards before they were happy with the match.

Looks like you got a good one there too!

27 :surrender: This was the first sample :blush:

Looks like a good match chap. Proof in the pudding is when they put it back on the car though.

Certainly hoping that it will be good as i am using a first rate bodyshop.I have taken the front off and i will be putting it back on though, did not want the car sitting in the body shop whilst it was been done. :blush:

Looks good in the photos Dave - good luck!

Can you post what it's cost to give us all an idea?

btw, what's that bottle under the light - it looks like coolant or screenwash? How would you check that level with the bumper on?

Not sure on total cost yet but all i can tell you the yellow is a 4 stage paint and its a 3 figure cost on the paint alone. But will update when its done.

I assume this is the headlight/ windscreen washer bottle. One either side. :)

Did you ask them about the colour of the undercoat / primer? I think using the wrong colour was what made my first respray look off....

Yes they used an off white looking primer like it was on the original. :thumbs:

How does the sample look John compared to anything you have had done?

Glad it looks good :teeth:

Just about to post up about my rear bumper repair I had done. Looks very orange-peely (yes thats the technical term!). I have 50/50 shots of the original paint vs new paint and I think the amount of orange-peel on it deserves a re-spreay :rant: Colour match is good though.

Looks very orange-peely (yes thats the technical term!). I have 50/50 shots of the original paint vs new paint and I think the amount of orange-peel on it deserves a re-spreay :rant: Colour match is good though.

Cant the body shop help in buffing that out. Mine looked superb but even so they are going to polish it up for me to get rid of any imperfections.

Just hope that i am happy when i mate it up to the car. :sweat: