DBA Discs From Cougar Store 350z 370z

MITZ@CougarStore

I was trying to find my original post but I can’t seem to find it, just so you know, I’m also a full DBA dealer, I will be posting disc options over the next few days… :)

We have quite a few members who already have DBA discs fitted, perfect if you’re looking for a 2 piece disc for the front… :thumbs:

Oh and if anyone can find my original post please let me know… :lol:

Many thanks,

:thumbs:

How would they compare to the EBC in performance and price?

I’ve always thought of the EBC discs as an excellent alternative to the Nissan stock discs, both their standard discs and Turbo Groove discs offer excellent value/performance….

The DBA discs offer a lot more science behind the discs, they have a disc for all occasions, road use, track use etc. The DBA discs are dearer, front sets alone can cost in the region of about £400 with the new prices for 2009, for the same money I could supply both the front and rear EBC discs delivered with change left over for pads…

As I said to another member last week, discs are fast becoming a style object, people still buy discs for the way they perform over other discs but for some, it’s more of an aesthetic approach to tie in with the rest of their exterior modifications… B)

I have the full EBC outfit on my car, when the time comes, I will use the DBA discs for personal comparison… :thumbs:

Hi CS,

I have a 2006 Coupe GT with factory fit Brembos. The car has done approximately 25,000 miles and my brakes are showing signs of giving up the ghost!

Hoping I have the right part numbers, please PM me with your best prices for front 2-piece slotted discs DBA5600BLKL and DBA5600BLKR, plus rear 1-piece slotted discs DBA4601SL and DBA4601SR. I plan to run these with Endless CC-R pads.

Do you have any comments on this combination? I'm looking for a set up for fast road, occasional track day and several visits to the Nordschleife later this year.

Thanks!

Hi CS,

I have a 2006 Coupe GT with factory fit Brembos. The car has done approximately 25,000 miles and my brakes are showing signs of giving up the ghost!

Hoping I have the right part numbers, please PM me with your best prices for front 2-piece slotted discs DBA5600BLKL and DBA5600BLKR, plus rear 1-piece slotted discs DBA4601SL and DBA4601SR. I plan to run these with Endless CC-R pads.

Do you have any comments on this combination? I'm looking for a set up for fast road, occasional track day and several visits to the Nordschleife later this year.

Thanks!

Part numbers are spot on... :thumbs:

I've had the above combo with Ferodo DS2500 Pads, they work hand in hand on both road and track, a few members here use the DBA with DS2500 with no complaints... :thumbs:

CS, could you do a breakdown of prices for the different DBA discs that will fit on the Zed?

Hi bud, over the next few days I’ll get all the options listed… :thumbs:

For reference, the part numbers that z-man quoted come in the region of £960.00 with the new 2009 prices... :)

I see, although z-man did ask for the two piece items, which are dearer than the one pice items, correct?

I’ve been in talks with DBA about offering last years prices for members, so once the current inventory is sold, the new 2009 prices will take effect.

Front and Rear Set: DBA 4600S L+R and DBA 4601s L+R = £625.00 delivered

DBA4000slotted-1.jpg

Front and Rear Set: DBA 4600XS L+R and DBA 4601XS L+R = £700.00 delivered - these are not suitable for track, only for road use.

DBA4000XS-1.jpg

As always, send me a PM if you're interested... :thumbs:

Yesterday I received my DBA slotted discs (front 2-piece and rear 1-piece). Excellent service from CS, (Thank you).

I'll be fitting them the weekend after next. I'll also be fitting DS2500 pads, braided brake lines and ATE Super Blue brake fluid.

After I've bedded in the pads, I'll report performance. I'm expecting a significant improvement as my current set-up is definitely past its best.

• 1 month later...

Got a set of DBA 5600 discs and Ferodo 2500 pads of CS a few weeks ago and i have had them fitted.

Braking does seem a lot better than standard,but it was also the looks that persuaded me get these.

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Again top service from CS with quick delivery.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a pair of DBA 4600 grooved discs from CS a few weeks ago. Top bloke, fantastic service, they arrived the day after ordering.

They were fitted last weekend and I've now done about 500 miles following the break in procedure. I'm using Ferodo DS2500 pads with them. Braking is much improved over standard once they get hot.

I'd recommend CS and anytime. A few pics are below. Shout if you have any questions.

Steve

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg