New design of braided brake Lines

dcash5

Hi Guys

As some of you know I have been slowly been collecting the parts to do a brembo conversion on my car. Anyway when it came to the brake lines i was baffled as to how Nissan had designed it, three hoses (2 flexy in a W shape and a piece of hardline). So i went down the braided lines route... Again this didnt seem much better, technically there are braided but still have the multiple point of failure in the joints and painfully heavy.

This is where I did some research on what other lines people are using around the world and worked with Ben from hose solutions to develop a new kit. The kit we came up with bolts directly into the caliper with a banjo bolt and links straight to the hardline, much like 90% of the cars on the road!

Here is the Kit

Photo2391.jpg

And it fitted ...

Photo245.jpg

Photo242.jpg

Photo240.jpg

On every car I have owned, braided lines have made a noticable difference they reduced the mushy feel you get and provide a more direct impression when you hit the anchors.

I love this mod and Im thoroughly impressed! :thumbs:

www.hosesolutions.org.uk

01392 811601

Speak to Ben and say Dan sent you, no doubt he'll sort you out a deal!

I have managed to sort out a deal - if you mention my name (Dan) (or the club) Ben will do them for £65 quid delivered!!! :teeth::yahoo: :yahoo: Obviously this is the price he has quoted me now and if you are reading this in the future the price may have changed.

this is approx £35 quid less than the goodridge.

Apologies admin if you need to modify this post to stay with offical proceedure feel more than welcome!

Just got a set of these HEL lines to go on mine. Was puzzled as it's still listed as a 6 line kit, even though there are only 4 hoses, but it looks good anyway.

Question though: these are the fittings I got with it, am I missing a banjo bolt? There are three bolts and a metal tube - should I have 4 bolts, one for each end?

BrakeBits.jpg

The original lines on the car go through a block mounted to the car so there's calliper to block and block to hard line on each front corner.

The HEL version replaces the block with a simple P-clip so you just have one line connecting the hard pipe to the calliper - less fittings and less opportunity for leaks. It's still listed as a 6 hose kit on their leaflets and site, but you only get four lines (one for each corner)!

Basically the 350z stock design is Mastercylinder - Hardline - Flexi - flexi - Hardline - Caliper.

The Old HEL/Goodridge was MasterCylinder - Hardline - Braided flexi - hardline - caliper, (I.e it changes two flexi hoses to one) but still retains the hardline from the caliper.

The new HEL design goes Master Cylinder - hardline - Braided Flexi - Caliper

The advantages are,

Alot lighter, not only do you remove the spagetti of rubber flexi hoses but also the metal bracket aswell.

Alot Easier to fit.

Less points of potential failure (Less joints) (Five joints changed to Two)

And this is without all the benfits of braided lines - Ha ha I sound like a salesman!

• 1 year later...

Very happy I found this.

I was sitting looking at the brake lines and then at the Z about 90% sure they would fit OK but with 10% of me not wanting to take the chance and put the car off the road for any length of time. It would have been reassuring if a picture or diagram were supplied to steer the fitter in the correct direction.

Didn't matter anyway as I didn't have a 10mm brake pipe spanner and the bloody EBC discs I bought are warped... So I've had to replace the old stuff which was still warped but significantly less so than the new ones.