Brake help needed

scott

Just had P2 service done (£180) and was told my front pads are 90% worn. Rears might make it to next service.

Question is what pad options do I have for a JDM non Brembo Z?

Nissan quoting £100-150 for rear and £130-190 for front.

I'm no expert on the Zed as I'm still on standard pads. However, I will be going Ferodo DS2500's These are what all the Cossie boys swear by and are supposed to be much better than EBC.

Saying that I have EBC greens on the back of the Cossie, but I guess it's my AP 6 pots on the front with DS3000's doing all the work. Don't go DS3000's though unless you are prepared to change your disks pretty soon. DS2500's don't seem to be the best compromise. Oh and I've tried DS2000's. Don't bother I totalled a set of these in about 20 laps of Donington...:lol:

Thats why I was asking before buying new pads.

Phoned funkystyling today. They have no pads for non brembo Z's in stock. Would take at least 2 weeks to order in some Project µ.

Brakes4u have the above pads in stock but just wanted to check they would fit ok before purchasing.

I'm no expert on the Zed as I'm still on standard pads. However, I will be going Ferodo DS2500's These are what all the Cossie boys swear by and are supposed to be much better than EBC.

Saying that I have EBC greens on the back of the Cossie, but I guess it's my AP 6 pots on the front with DS3000's doing all the work. Don't go DS3000's though unless you are prepared to change your disks pretty soon. DS2500's don't seem to be the best compromise. Oh and I've tried DS2000's. Don't bother I totalled a set of these in about 20 laps of Donington...:lol:

kev the ebc reds are a great pad for the Z no waming up or fade.

a good upgrade from the standard pads.

Thats why I was asking before buying new pads.

Phoned funkystyling today. They have no pads for non brembo Z's in stock. Would take at least 2 weeks to order in some Project µ.

Brakes4u have the above pads in stock but just wanted to check they would fit ok before purchasing.

if you can hang on a couple of days I may be able to get these at a bargain price !

• 2 weeks later...

EBC Red Stuff are a decent pad for the car. I have had them on for about a month and a bit and they seem ok. However, I prob need to change my discs too (this has nothing to do with the red stuff ones, just related to wear and tear).

Ferodo do the DS 2500 pads too which are well spoken off, but a dealer I tried couldnt find me any. (Mine are non brembo brakes too)

I have the part no. for the red stuff pads somewhere too, if you want.

You can also try stuff from the US, there are pads like Hawk, Project Mu and Endless all of which are quite good.

End of the day, its all down to what your use is mostly going to be.

• 1 month later...

thanks, shouldn't it be the opposite wrt which ones warm up first, as the yellow are track specific pads opposed to fast street-odd trackday redstuff ones?

that's why people's impressions are much more useful than just believing spec sheets :)

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I need new pads...

Can anyone provide a link / part number for EBC pads for the front and rear of a JDM Import non-Brembo? If I follow the links on Brakes4u I get here:

http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/products.asp?cat=9938

But these aren't the same part numbers that were posted earlier (which are for a 200zx)

Can anyone help?

TIA,

fM

I might muddle up things here... but aren't the non-brembo brakes the same as the ones fitted in Nissan 200SX?

Therefore anything specced for 200SX will fit ( you then need to consider the weight difference and probably not buy the standard pads but higher perfromance 200SX pads...)

Before you take this advice can someone who knows for sure confirm this ?!?!?!?!?!