ACT Clutch and Flywheel

tmJak

Been wanting to do this mod for ages, and my hand was forced over Christmas when my clutch went. I ended up getting the 6 puck sprung hub clutch, and prolight flywheel. Very pleased with the result. There is a bit of a knack getting the car to set off slowly in traffic, but the engine is a lot more responsive and willing to pull off the line. I find the flywheel very quiet, and look forward to comparing it to the JWT at Wales.

Read an interesting article that argues that you get more power with a lightweight flywheel as well :teeth:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywheel/h ... _works.htm

Thanks to Adam at Z1 for sourcing my parts for a very reasonable price over the festive period, and TDi North for fitting with a friendly discount :thumbs:

I also got my act couch and flywheel from Adam @ z1. I have much more confidence in it over the standard one and it just seems to pull the car off the line so much quicker. Also agree with the noise you get starting off in first a

D second if you don't give it enough revs. LOL

The pedal is so light comparded to my old cluch which I was told was fecked. Stalled the car about 4 times on my way home. :)

Think I could well be going down this route, can someone give me some idea of pricings please?

Cheers

Dan

Set aside about £1200 for the job lot. It would be cheaper but for the exchange rate :angry: When ESR were trading, Phil was fitting both with steel hose for that price. If you go to a trader with less experience with the Zed, it may take them longer to fit the parts and this could up costs. Parts depend on which combo you choose, and Adam sold me the parts at a very fair price. :thumbs: