painting the plenum

sunset350z

Hi, looking for peoples views and experience on painting the plenum. I intend to take it off tomorrow so i can fit the spacer as well. I don't want to put the plenum back on until its looking like new. Polishing it means i'll have to spend time on it keeping it shiny, so thats out of the question. Powder coating is a good alternative but may not be able to do the throttle body. So painting it with a high temperature paint may be the best and cheapest solution.I've seen aluminium coloured paint in halfords so may go for that, unless, somebody comes up with a better idea. ;)

Thats fair enough. I did want to powder coat the plenum in sunset orange, but couldn't find anyone who could match the colour or take on the throttle body and powder coat that too. So aluminium silver spray paint may be the way to go, at the mo

Kev @ Envy can powdercoat, should be able to match the colour...

if you get it powder coated would be interested to see what it looks like finished.

i fancy having my plenum powder coated red. to go with the grounding kit i have.

in the long run i would also look at getting a mandrel bent air intake tube and have that powder coated as well.

but not found any mandrel bent intake pipes yet

Just a thought with the intake pipe rtbiscuit, could you not get one made up by someone like longlife exhaust's? Surely if you take the standard intake pipe to them, they could reproduce it for you. If its going to be powder coated, then the finish doesn't have to be that good. Good idea or bad?