Brake Problem

lnorange

I have not had my first 350 for long but it has a brake fault.

If the car has been parked for a while and I reverse then move forward the first time I brake it sounds as if the antilock kicks in for a second. One I have braked once the problem doesn't happen again until the car stands for a while. If its been parked for a short time, no problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Les

:thumbs:

i think this is just a natural brake thin by the sounds of it.

as a car stands still for a while especially if its rained, the brakes naturally rust. if its left long enough they can almost stick themselves together.

once you pull away it brakes this, (which might be the antilock feel your getting) and you use your brakes which clears any excess. and then they'll be fine.

mine does it when i leave it in the garage over night if i drove home in the rain.

once the summer hits you'll probably find it won't do it, but all this extra water and road salt, speed up the surface corrsion process

when it comes to brakes they also do brown stuff, but thats generally what happens when they fail :scare:

i had green stuff pads years ago and they were good pads, especially for the price, but did kick up alot of brake dust.

ii here the red stuff is better, and thats what is going on mine in about 4000 miles, and i shall be visiting CS

You can get this type of affect with certain pads when the car has been parked for a while, depending on the binders and additives in the friction material.

If the pad is in contact with a section of the disc for a long period you can get a surface reaction between the friction material and the rotor surface. This is accelerated if there is an electrolytic solution present (salt water this time of year) and can lead to a deposit being left on the disc when the car is moved. On your first brake application you then hear/feel a slight vibration as the friction material of the pad encounters the deposit on each revolution of the rotor until it's removed.

An easy way to check for this is next time you leave the car for a while just move it forward about a foot and then have a look at the brake disks. You should be able to see the area of the rotor that the pad was in contact with whilst it was parked.

I have R34 brembos on my 200 and if it's parked for a few days I get the same thing on my first brake application (that's with DS2500 pads) and if I check the rotors I can see the outline of the pads on the surface.

You can get this type of affect with certain pads when the car has been parked for a while, depending on the binders and additives in the friction material.

If the pad is in contact with a section of the disc for a long period you can get a surface reaction between the friction material and the rotor surface. This is accelerated if there is an electrolytic solution present (salt water this time of year) and can lead to a deposit being left on the disc when the car is moved. On your first brake application you then hear/feel a slight vibration as the friction material of the pad encounters the deposit on each revolution of the rotor until it's removed.

An easy way to check for this is next time you leave the car for a while just move it forward about a foot and then have a look at the brake disks. You should be able to see the area of the rotor that the pad was in contact with whilst it was parked.

I have R34 brembos on my 200 and if it's parked for a few days I get the same thing on my first brake application (that's with DS2500 pads) and if I check the rotors I can see the outline of the pads on the surface.

This is true, especially if the pads are warm when you stop. I get this which is why I now park up with the car in gear and not on the handbrake and try not to let the car stop on the brakes when pulling up to park :thumbs: