unmarked police cars

mbs

Just read a post from a member who got pulled doing 98mph by an unmarked police car.

Would there be any mileage in building up a database of unmarked police cars that members had spotted, maybe make, colour, registration if possilbe, area spotted. I assume we wouldn't be breaking any law? and may save one or two of us a few points

Couldnt this be seen as attempting to pervert the course of justice?

Def not, nothing wrong with that!! Perfectly legal

Not sure reg would be worth it mind I doubt id have time to check a list of reg before working out if it was a cop car and slowing down!

As for make again not sure as there so many diff onces and they are forever changing are loads of diff ones

The most comom being vectras, volvos, mondeos etc

But I have seen evo's, scoobys, bmw 3/5, Jag Audi A3/A4, Skoda's, mercs (mostly C) and I am sure the list goes on! One force even has a Lotus I saw in the paper! (that was marked though to be fair but you never know!

The best trick is to look for arials (thats what I do), a cop car will have more than the standard for radio and a set of 4 on the roof if it has a device for recieving tracker. Another massive give away is two rear view mirrors or from behind a rear display screen to give messages 'pull over' etc and a camera