Clamped @ Thurrock Lakeside £95!

markyp

Only popped into Maplins to get a new battery for my alarm :(

Yes it was my fault I jumped into a timmy spot right outside the shop.

Anyone have any info on these guys to see whats happened to people who have cut the things off the car?

I did try and get a locksmith out to take it off but they said they wouldnt come out due to the amount of cameras in the area....They did want £100 but id rather pay the extra fiver to them than the clampers!

Be careful mate, they might tow the car and they WILL have a bunch of heavies and ferral dogs at the car lot... This happened to a friend a mine a few weeks ago, he fancied himself until he saw the guys at the lot!

You're lucky it was Timmy space rather than a Jimmy space, the fine is much more :p

Well i'm going down the charge back route first off to see if that works.

Not sure how a claim would go, I guess the burden of proof would be on me to say they damaged the wheel.

The car only got MOT'd today so I guess I could see if the garage would mind being a witness on the condition of the wheel at the time of the MOT (about a hour after).

Yes it was my fault I jumped into a timmy spot right outside the shop.

In which case for heaven's sake man up and take it on the chin..

+1

+2

+3

if its a fair and square catch you have to hold your hands up and pay. if they clamped you illegally, hire a petrol powered angle grinder and remove it yourself.

Even if you got a locksmith out dont they take photo's and your reg? I got clamped in reading once £120!! and there were no signs :rant: but i'll leave it there I was fuming to say the least I was having a bl**dy job interview! They are B*stards, you can buy a clamp for about £30 so find out where there premises are and clamp them! :lol: