TCS

cgomez1978

No, mine comes on all the time.

When u turn the ignition on, do you notice it light up then?

Also, if you just floor it in first on a wet road, do you wheels spin and you bounce off the rev limiter, or does the power drop and allow you to start moving...?

Hi Carlos, have you tried turning the traction off, does the yellow light come on? Does it still spin with traction off? I think the ecu controls the traction, so a reset may cure it, if not then take it to the dealers. Have you still got warranty with the garage you bought it from?

Spinning in fourth? You've either got one quick Zed or that was a slippery road! :lol:

I agree with the ECU reset as it should definitely be coming on, especially this time of year! Someone mentioned to me that the ABS sensors also effect the TCS - I cant confirm that though. Have also found that if I pull the handbrake before the car has stopped fully when parking on a drive etc (bad habit) then it trips out the TCS.

ill try an ECU reset on it if that dosent work ill give it my mate who works for nissan. im not taking it back to the garage i bought it from they havent got a clue last time they sold a Zed with a bent chassis and wrong sized brake pads fitted. wouldn't trust them with a scalextric set

Spinning in fourth? You've either got one quick Zed or that was a slippery road! :lol:

Mine spun up in 4th doing 60MPH down a slip road last night, was bloody scary seeing the TC light flashing!! :scare:

Will be driving like a pansy til the temp warms up to above freezing from now on :blush:

thats exactly what happens to mine but no TCS light comes on it just keeps spinning, and when im going around roundabouts the back end keeps on coming out even when im going slow. if the car slides on the ice is the TCS still meant to kick in or will the car not realise it is sliding

thats exactly what happens to mine but no TCS light comes on it just keeps spinning, and when im going around roundabouts the back end keeps on coming out even when im going slow. if the car slides on the ice is the TCS still meant to kick in or will the car not realise it is sliding

The TCS should kick in as soon as it detects any wheel slip.

Only if one wheel is spinning faster than the other. If both are identical, then you can sit there and spin the rears all day long.

It should come on as soon as you get the arse out to any great degree though, so there's something not quite right there. Without actually trying it (unless you've got some private land), do you think you could spin the car with enough throttle when turning? Mine allows a small amount of slip in this weather as there's simply not enough grip even if the TCS kicks in straight away, but it kills the power long before I get get into any real trouble.

Only if one wheel is spinning faster than the other. If both are identical, then you can sit there and spin the rears all day long.

First time I've heard that. I can easily make my TCS kick in in a straight line. If rears spin quicker than fronts it will kick in. :wacko:

First time I've heard that. I can easily make my TCS kick in in a straight line. If rears spin quicker than fronts it will kick in. :wacko:

This is the same on mine from my experience chris, the TCS will not allow wheel spin even in a straight line, it cuts in.

Different on the REVUP then? Mine will spin all it wants in a perfectly straight line in the soaking wet, not that I particularly want it to. It's very sharp when kicking in when the back slips out though so it's not like it's malfunctioning or anything, and I'm on stock Rays + tyre sizes.

This is the same on mine from my experience chris, the TCS will not allow wheel spin even in a straight line, it cuts in.

Definitely noticed that the ESP gives a little more tolerance in this weather, spun the wheels a few times no light comes on.

Definitely noticed that the ESP gives a little more tolerance in this weather, spun the wheels a few times no light comes on.

How odd, maybe there are different system revisions in different cars that allow for different slippage? Mine def kicks in very early, sometimes before I even think it might be about to slip. Was worse with my Rays than Rotas, but thats to be expected as the Rotas are wider so more grip. Maybe its a UK car vs JDM? Or even the year?