Assistance Please - Technical

Kuro Black

Hi all - new to the club so please help me out! experienced total power loss on a motorway sliproad last week. No acceleration at all - pulled over & turned off - turned back on and no problem, started first time - have an engine warning light but been unable to take it to a garage yet due to working hours (Rest assured not driving it) - any suggestions or self fix suggestions?

You need to reset the ECU (borrowed from JORGEOLIVEIRA on my350z) to find out the code, thus telling you what is wrong with your car

1. Turn the car to the ON position for 3 seconds

2. Completely depress the throttle 5 times in 5 seconds (once every second)

3. Wait 7 seconds (no throttle)

4. Fully depress throttle for 10 seconds until SES light starts flashing and release

5. The SES light will flash 10 times slowly to let you know its in diagnostic mode

6.Following the 10 slow flashed it will show you the code with fast flashes (fast flashes...pause...etc.) so code 303 for example would go (3 fast flashes, pause, 10 fast flashes, pause, 3 fast flashes, 10 slow flashes) The 10 slow flashes signify the end of the code.

To reset the SES light...

1. After doing steps 1-4, fully depress the throttle for 10 seconds.

2. Turn the ignition to the OFF position

The fault codes are here http://www.my350z.com/forum/forced-indu ... codes.html (links to another site)

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Oh.. and Welcome :thumbs:

Thanks Chaps - P0132 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 1 Rich Shift Monitoring - Timings are a pain but got it right on my 10th Attempt!

There seems to be a number of these on the market - and i am a beginner! any suggestions which one will do the job? and most importantly how do I fit it? or is it a dealership Job?

Thanks for your help so far!!