EVO triangle.

djtimo

Got bored today guys and took the zed for a spin with some mates.

Fantastic day, Open roads with no traffic :bounce: . It was very cold 0 degrees when i was setting off but by the time we were on the triangle it was down to -4 degrees :surrender: !!!

Had some fun moments driving hard at well below 0 (read as bum clenchingly sideways in 4th gear on some slippy icy bends!!!)

We NEED a run up here guys, roads are some of the best i have driven. Lots of high speed 3,4,5th gear runs for miles with no traffic!!

Snapped a few pics when we stopped because my mates brakes had faded so bad he could not drive! (audi TT for ya..... :lol: )

_DSC0503.jpg

_DSC0505.jpg

_DSC0513.jpg

_DSC0515.jpg

_DSC0523-1.jpg

_DSC0524.jpg

_DSC0527.jpg

_DSC0534.jpg

_DSC0538.jpg

_DSC0547.jpg

Tim.

Awesome photos. Wouldn't like to race round the ET in -4 conditions though, you must be a bit :wacko:

How did the Astra and TT do in comparison with your Zed?

The astra is very close on straight line performance, i led the pack so my mates just played follow the leader! the astra was wright with me all the way round but i think thats due to the fact you can drive the VXR NR like a total mad man and it wont bit you unlike the zed.

The TT was the 225 with some abflug body mods and an exhaust. Suprisingly the TT could not hang with us!!! He cooked his brakes and thats why we pulled over to let the cars cool down so i snapped some pic's.

-4 Degrees can give some very twitch moment but the zed does not snap into oversteer and is very progressive on the limit.

My brakes also had time o get up to temp for the first time in a while!

:lol::lol: Yeah that last wales run i came on was in a 2.5 auto VX omega!! That was fun just trying to keep up with the convoy! Driving that thing will make any one learn how to be smooth, its got so much body roll im sure i scrapped my elbow that as on the door frame on the tarmac round some bends! haha...

The number plate is a "show" plate. Its from http://www.craigsplates.co.uk/. Much neater than the big crappy black plastic plate holder!

Legal size and spacing so ive never had any problems from the police.

Looks like an errrm interesting outing! Not sure I would have done it in those conditions, but it was awesome being up with the front pack and driving it properly at the last Wales Run. Twice a year is enough to keep my Zed happy, you should come to the next one.

Is the plate a vinyl stick on one that craigplates does? I was looking to get one on my front and remove the plate holder, but they're not strickly legal, even though they meed every requirement :rant: If you've had no probs with the rossers though, I might give one a go B)

I'm also thinking that for the Saturday of the next run, we should have a photoshoot somewhere. Stop on a bit of the triangle and all have a go round some corners and get some cracking pics :thumbs:

Yeah im defo gonna come on the next wales meet as i have been on the last two!! lol...

Its a great road the ET and its nice to drive at a pace that suits you. Driving in convoy (and with the Ms. in the passenger seat) some times means you can't get on it as you would do normally.

The photo shoot sounds great guys as there are some nice place to shoot at.