Envy Valeting vs 350z with Zymol Vintage

Envy Valeting

Can you tell the differance between the 2 high end waxes?!

Todays detail was something special and a chance to try out a Vintage wax on a customers car.

Here she is upon arrival

DSC00317-1.jpg

DSC00318-1.jpg

DSC00319-1.jpg

DSC00320-1.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

The wheels were cleaned with AS Smart wheels and the Swissvax and EZ detail brush, body soaked with hazsafe TFR, rinsed and then foamed with AB SSF. On this occasion I used the foam to wash the car with my bucket and grit guard and LW mitt as the paint was pretty clean.

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

I now dried the car with my Raceglaze one pass towels, and got ready to clay. I used Polyclay and a weak shampoo mix as the lube. Generally again pretty good, just the odd tar spots here and there.

I have had a sample of Dodo Juice Lime Prime lite for a little while and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a blast. I decided to do it the old fashioned way, ditched the PC and used a terry towel pad and elbow grease! The car now looks like this

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00330-2.jpg

DSC00331-1.jpg

I really think Dodo are onto a winner with this as it left the paint so silkily smooth it was unreal.

I then got to the part I'd been looking forward to, the vintage wax! Applied by pad and buffed off ~15 mins after per panel.

Results were astounding. I keep seeing others post pics and think it cant really be that good, but it is

The exhaust tips were cleaned with autosol and wire wool

DSC00332-1.jpg

Tyres were dressed with Espuma RD50, glass cleaned with AS Glass clear, interior hoovered, leather cleansed and nourished with CG all in one,plastics cleansed and dressed with Swissvax.

Here are the afters, I'm blown away....

DSC00333-1.jpg

DSC00334-1.jpg

DSC00335-1.jpg

DSC00336-1.jpg

DSC00337-1.jpg

DSC00338-2.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340-1.jpg

DSC00341-2.jpg

DSC00342-1.jpg

DSC00344-1.jpg

DSC00345-1.jpg

DSC00346-1.jpg

Hope you like it! Really like doing these 350z's as they are such nice shapes, and dont take forever to do...unlike the GTR thats being done tomorrow but doubt will take any pics as you have seen it before a few times;)

Tim

£1800 pah :lol: Yes it is pricey, and I know it looks good but personally I'm not sure how much customers actually want that wax or just to be able to say the car has an £1800 wax on it?! Bar stool bragging type scenario...

All I know is that if enough customers ask me about it, then its something I had/have to consider.

In its favour though (price aside) is how long the finish lasts, and that is impressive.

Would there be anyone talking to someone in a bar who is talking about how much the wax cost on their car?! :lol:

Great work, it looks good. But is the wax 100 times better than an R222 or 50 times better than a Dodo Juice.....? Not sure I can see it. :)

Would there be anyone talking to someone in a bar who is talking about how much the wax cost on their car?! :lol:

Great work, it looks good. But is the wax 100 times better than an R222 or 50 times better than a Dodo Juice.....? Not sure I can see it. :)

I agree and I do see your point and I've been Dodo Juice approved detailer and re-seller since they 1st launched and personally use more Supernatural wax in my details than Zymol Vintage BUT I do have the wax as I get asked for it.

I dont rate the R222 or P21's waxes though as they dont last in terms of durability. When you charge someone £200 to do their car I and they expect the end results to last, which is why I moved away from that level of waxes.

They have their place though and if you are the kind of person who doesnt mind topping up every 4-6 weeks they are aimed at that sort of customer.

Best wishes

Tim

I agree and I do see your point and I've been Dodo Juice approved detailer and re-seller since they 1st launched and personally use more Supernatural wax in my details than Zymol Vintage BUT I do have the wax as I get asked for it.

I dont rate the R222 or P21's waxes though as they dont last in terms of durability. When you charge someone £200 to do their car I and they expect the end results to last, which is why I moved away from that level of waxes.

They have their place though and if you are the kind of person who doesnt mind topping up every 4-6 weeks they are aimed at that sort of customer.

Best wishes

Tim

not keen on p21s either, prefer dodo or even collinite

dodo layers easier and the paint pops better imo

I agree the P21 or R222 doesn't last as long, but as a last touch and for a wet look, for the money I think it's great.

I tend to have jetSEAL and maybe a coat of Collinite under it anyway, so it all helps! :D

Rob - you need to get some Dodo Supernatural. I got a pot after my P21S ran out and its aaaaaamazing! I normally think people talk crap when they talk about flakes "popping", but this stuff along with a quick correction detail I gave it (with my shiney new Kestrel DA polisher), made such a huge difference! I even did a test panel of each after the correction, and you could tell the difference, and I am very sceptical of these things. I wont ever go back to P21S, DD SN lasts so much longer and looks considerably better. True P21S might add a little more wet look for a day but its really not comparable.

Would love to see some of the stuff above on my car though B)

Rob - you need to get some Dodo Supernatural. I got a pot after my P21S ran out and its aaaaaamazing! I normally think people talk crap when they talk about flakes "popping", but this stuff along with a quick correction detail I gave it (with my shiney new Kestrel DA polisher), made such a huge difference! I even did a test panel of each after the correction, and you could tell the difference, and I am very sceptical of these things. I wont ever go back to P21S, DD SN lasts so much longer and looks considerably better. True P21S might add a little more wet look for a day but its really not comparable.

Would love to see some of the stuff above on my car though B)

Got some! :lol::blush:

Rob - you need to get some Dodo Supernatural.

Got some! :lol::blush:

:thumbs:

The Azure pops now too which it didn't do when I bought it.

Have you had the paint work corrected Stew? That by far made the biggest difference to mine in terms of glossy/glass look in the end B)