350Z wanted. FINALLY!

mouldie

Finally, after 5 years of wanting one I have the cash in the bank for a 350 and will be looking for one over the next few weeks. :yahoo: I'm pretty clear on what car I'm looking for, so if anyone has one similar to that below, please feel free to drop me a line. I have to stress though, that my budget is around the £10k mark. Anyway, I'm after:

350Z GT coupe with (preferably) Rays alloys.

Prefer black or GM with alezan, but others will be considered.

Must be a UK car.

Must be HPI clear.

FSH

Prefer bog standard car

Mileage preferably below 40k

And obvioulsy good all round condition.

I'm based in Manchester but will happily travel for the right car.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers bud! I've been checking Pistonheads, Autotrader and Ebay on a daily basis. Quick question for anyone in the know......is it possible to search Autotrader for newly listed ads only? I keep having to look through every car at the moment, which gets a little tedious to say the least!

:yahoo: CONGRATS ............the hardest part is done ( finding the wonga)

Thanks man! I keep trying to ignore what it'll cost to run and keep telling myself that life is too short, got to do this before I get to 30, got to do this while I don't have kids, got to do this while it's an option etc etc.

I'll be glad when I've finally taken the plunge!

Gonna struggle to get all that for £10k imo. :blush:

Maybe......although I was at a Nissan dealers on Saturday. They had a 54 plate GT, azure with 24k miles which was on the forecourt at £12k. That came down to £11.5k within about 2 mins. I think if I handed them my switch card they'd have done it for £11k. And that's at a Nissan dealer.

I'd imagine that when the realisation that a new one can be had for circa £20k, the used market will start to reflect this. I priced up several over the weekend and at the moment it's now cheaper to get into a new one on a decent PCP arrangement than it is to buy a cheap used one on standard finance. Scary!

Gonna struggle to get all that for £10k imo. :blush:

Maybe......although I was at a Nissan dealers on Saturday. They had a 54 plate GT, azure with 24k miles which was on the forecourt at £12k. That came down to £11.5k within about 2 mins. I think if I handed them my switch card they'd have done it for £11k. And that's at a Nissan dealer.

I'd imagine that when the realisation that a new one can be had for circa £20k, the used market will start to reflect this. I priced up several over the weekend and at the moment it's now cheaper to get into a new one on a decent PCP arrangement than it is to buy a cheap used one on standard finance. Scary!

But £11k isn't £10k ;)

I think you'll find the reduction of the cost of new zeds will only affect zeds about two years old or younger. the older zeds e.g 53/54 will continue to hang around at the £10-£12k mark. Its 07 onwards cars that were trading around £17k-£20k+ that will feel the initial hit as who would buy an 07 when you can get a 09 for around £19k..........

• 4 weeks later...

Did you manage to get one, selling mine on ebay if interested will accept 310K

Finally, after 5 years of wanting one I have the cash in the bank for a 350 and will be looking for one over the next few weeks. :yahoo: I'm pretty clear on what car I'm looking for, so if anyone has one similar to that below, please feel free to drop me a line. I have to stress though, that my budget is around the £10k mark. Anyway, I'm after:

Must be a UK car.

Must be HPI clear.

FSH

Prefer bog standard car

Thanks in advance!

Did you manage to get one, selling mine on ebay if interested will accept 310K

Must be a UK car.

Must be HPI clear.

FSH

Prefer bog standard car

Thanks in advance!

Wow,, 310K?? :scare:

:ban:

I'm afraid I've bottled it (for now). Cash is in a savings account and by the end of March I'll be the proud owner of a shiny new Vauxhall company car. I suck!

Mods, please can you lock this thread for me? Can't type any more, fingers keep slipping off the keyboard due to all the tears!