P3 @ 29k miles

cerealuk

Just a quick one.. spoke to the dealer who has delbt with the servicing of the zed im looking to buy and they have told me that they have just done a P1 on the car at 37k miles 2 months ago and they did the P3 the year before in july 2007

is this normal as i thought P3 services were done at the 36k mile mark ?

also they had no record of when the discs and pads were last done, is it likely that they will need doing soon ?

the zed is a 53plate 2004 black GT with 37k on the clock at £8800 so think im looking at a good deal :)

The RAC have said they can get in to do a full gazzilion point check tomorrow for me aswell which seems worthwhile at £230 (this includes a road test). Just want to be sure as i live 300miles away!

cheers

Darren

In theory its slightly behind the shedule if its has a P1 @ 37K in october as it means the P1 was done over 9K miles if the P3 was on schedule or the P3 was late.

That said its only slightly out and would be nothing that worries me. Mine had its P3/27K done slightly late. The only thing this is really going to affect is something like the original warranty but as thats now out the window as long as its been serviced that fine.

if the pads havent been done then they should be at those miles, discs really depends on how it has been driven, the pads are known to disintergrate with age

so is that pads every 9k miles ? and at what cost roughly ? :)

no, i replaced mine recently @ 20k and they had plenty of meat on but were falling to bits, i got ebc redstuff they cost approx £100, big improvement over the oem ferodo's, a member called CS sells them :thumbs:

took me approx an hour to do the front and rear, very easy to do the zed

before anyone jumps in and says ds2500 are better, they probably are but you pay your money and make your choice, i'm happy with the ebc :thumbs:

if the pads havent been done then they should be at those miles, discs really depends on how it has been driven, the pads are known to disintergrate with age

so is that pads every 9k miles ? and at what cost roughly ? :)

before anyone jumps in and says ds2500 are better, they probably are but you pay your money and make your choice, i'm happy with the ebc :thumbs:

Ditto, I use the EBC Redstuff pads on my own Zed... :thumbs: