Brake Line Question (HEL Goodridge)

Chris`I

Does anyone know the difference between the HEL and Goodridge lines? I see on 350z-wiki that some line kits have more to them than others. I have the HEL lines on my R6 and they are excellent, just wanted to know what justifies the Goodrigdge being more expensive (apart from the name). I'm going to order whichever is the best, so lets hear some constructive comments.

PS Not sure this warrented a seperate thread? The only reason I am asking is because Andrew has both on offer. :)

In terms of pedal feel,the fluid certainly makes the largest difference but its all swings and roundabouts.

Uprated fluid does give a better feel and higher operating temperature but required replacing sooner as it absorbs water alot more quickly. I would say replacing the brake lines should be done when for example you change the fluid. I wouldnt bother doing it as a one off mod and doing it for the sake of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Only real difference is Hel require the Hardpipe from the brembo to the flexi where as Goodridge bolt straight to the caliper

Do you know if you can get different kits? Mine seems to terminate in a square block rather than a banjo, so I'm guessing it doesnt bolt to the calliper directly? Just trying to work out what it replaces. I assume it mounts to some kind of hard pipe at the calliper end?