Wheel refurb recommendations

Martin W

Anyone recommend a mobile wheel refurbisher who will come out to the Berks/ Surrey/ Hants borders.

I was poking around yesterday and saw someone refer to a guy who had a van and a spray booth (in it?) but bu88ered if I can find it again today!!!

:blush:

Just a total noob question here, forgive me for this. Will the refurb get rid of the damage caused by scratching the alloys against a kerb as well as give them a really good clean?

(Can you tell I've never owned a car with alloys before! ;))

Just a total noob question here, forgive me for this. Will the refurb get rid of the damage caused by scratching the alloys against a kerb as well as give them a really good clean?

Thats the general idea :) - damage removal . I must post up the piccy of a wheel i 'scraped' against a block of rubble at 70 mph on the middle lane of the M4 near Reading earlier this year. 5:30 in the morning. :blush: That woke me up! But if you have a look at the pic posted above by Ebized, thats the sort of damage I assume he was trying to get rid of - successfully.

Thats the general idea :) - damage removal . I must post up the piccy of a wheel i 'scraped' against a block of rubble at 70 mph on the middle lane of the M4 near Reading earlier this year. 5:30 in the morning. :blush: That woke me up! But if you have a look at the pic posted above by Ebized, thats the sort of damage I assume he was trying to get rid of - successfully.

Correct :thumbs:

Cheers for the replies. I'd like to say thats the only noob question that I'm going to come up with, but it would be a big fat lie!

Bare with me guys, may take a few months to 'educate' me :)

Sorry for threadjacking Martin. Hope you get it sorted and piccies would be nice.

Cheers for the replies. I'd like to say thats the only noob question that I'm going to come up with, but it would be a big fat lie!

Bare with me guys, may take a few months to 'educate' me :)

Sorry for threadjacking Martin. Hope you get it sorted and piccies would be nice.

Well - I wonder what I'd be charged for refurbishing this!! :lol:

DSCN0092.jpg

This was the result of careless rubble hauliers littering the M4 earlier this year !

Jesus, thats shocking.........aimed at the tyre jokes there Martin!

The wheel is pretty bad too. Would I be right in saying that from the look of it, you were lucky not to lose all the air in your tyre too? That could have been very nasty indeed! :headhurt:

Jesus, thats shocking.........aimed at the tyre jokes there Martin!

The wheel is pretty bad too. Would I be right in saying that from the look of it, you were lucky not to lose all the air in your tyre too? That could have been very nasty indeed! :headhurt:

I lost most of the gear on the driver side. Ended up with just about new everything. Exhaust, Cat, and all bits suspension wise. Insurance ended up paying £8800 if I remember. I never was sure how much was really needed and how much was the 'Approved repairer' taking the Insurance co to the cleaners.

But luckily... both wheels kept air enough for me to get to work.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you H5..

Please see the following images, they are BBS RM's for my MK2 Golf that were prepared for the 2006 show season in purple & then for the 2007 show season they turned to white, with the dishes lacquered for trial & testing for that year too..

Purple...... Nice!

My mate owns a business that also does powder coating and I remember he did a set of prodrive wheels in STI pink. It sounds disgusting but they were ace. Under the bonnet was all pink too so it looked ace at shows. :teeth:

Stew...

Nice nice don't mind pink either, pink on black usually works well and even on white car seen alsorts of combinations, this year mine will be pastle orange with gold bolts, should be interesting.

PS.. the purple was awesome..

It was on a blue scooby. It did look amazing.

One of my sisters mates had pale metallic pink wheels on his Nova Sport. Again it looked ace.

If I had a silver or white car I'd sport different coloured wheels. I have gray/polised on my blue Zed but not many colours work with the blue and achieve the look I was after.

Looking forward to seeing the orange. I'm a real slag for that kind of thing!

Yeah the Subaru blue & the STi pink would work well for sure, a good friend of mine also has a blue Z sporting 19" TE37's in white, looks amazing but the only problem is they dont stay white more then 1/4 mile, but I just love the colour combination/stance.

PS. It was my fault I talked him into the colour white, he wanted bronze..

The BBS's should be back at the end of the month will post pics once back in my posession, hopefully the combination works fingers crossed.

VERY B) MK2 mate

Thank you, been a long 4 year project, although in the last year the poor thing has done nothing due work commitments but well worth it & enjoyed every minute/journey in it to date.

Drives faultless with a very sorted chassis, love it...