Another Winter Clean

scottsoulby

Finally got round to giving the car a proper clean to protect it through the winter months,

got up nice and early and braved the elements... bloody freezing... and started by washing the car ( 2 bucket method ) followed by a metalic t-cut, after this i used the 3 stage meguires,

1st - paint cleaner

2nd - polish

3rd - carnauba wax

also used the megs alloy wheel cleaner and the megs tyre black, also used this on the wing mirrors and the window wipers. I then used megs window cleaner to get the marks off the windows, and soon to be followed, a bit of rain-x

I think it looks good now, but ive got football later then so this clean will not last long

a few piccies:

followed by a metalic t-cut

:scare:

Please tell me you didnt do that all over?! Just for a few scratches perhaps? T-Cut is massively aggresive and will take your laquer off in no time, especially on a Nissan :surrender:

Looks good though :)

i used metallic t-cut so it doesnt take off any layers, normal t-cut will do as you said :thumbs:

followed by a metalic t-cut

:scare:

Please tell me you didnt do that all over?! Just for a few scratches perhaps? T-Cut is massively aggresive and will take your laquer off in no time, especially on a Nissan :surrender:

Looks good though :)

i used metallic t-cut so it doesnt take off any layers, normal t-cut will do as you said :thumbs:

AFAIK all T-Cut is abrasive and as such you shouldnt use it like a normal paint cleaner. It will take a layer of laquer off and if used regularly will wear through to the colour coat :scare: Did a bit of googling and everyone says its abrasive. Dont know if its as bad as normal T-Cut, but it certainly does 'cut'.

ah right, seems all is not right with what it says on the tin :blush: im now glad i just used it on the drivers sideskirt and a bit of the door and rear quarter where some brown spots were, god knows what it was,

thanks for the heads up, ill make sure its not used again :)

Not to say it isnt safe, just from what I've read its abrasive. I used what I think is the same metalic T-cut on mine to remove some finer scratches befoer I got my Poorboys SSR and its at least as abrasive as SSR2/2.5 from what I've seen. When I next get into the garage I'll have a look what the stuff is I have. Just warning you as Nissan paint is :censored: poor and thin