spot the errors in this ad??

S1 HNK

An RX-8 with the Renesis engine is classed by the DVLA as a 2616cc - S he's right about it being a 2.6 in a way.

The kit is a Veilside replica by the looks of it.

The alloys are the standard ones - thus only 18"

If its the Six Speed box then its the hi-power version which runs 231ps - not 270

And that "custome LED tail light" is probs the sticker that you can get to cover the ight so it shows "RX-8"

All in all the guy is a muppet, or its a scam, probs both

Becasue of the way a Rotary works - 2 fuel injections per roatation - the only way to vaguely compare it to a conventional engine is to double the capicty.

It's crude, and nasty. And was only used by the Govt so that it originally went in the high tax band before they rebranded them by CO2 emissions.

As for kits -

The Ings+1 kit is pretty damned good, and the Feed front nose looks stunning on black Rex's. I never had a kit on mine, but I almost bought the full Feed kit, but in the end sold up all together in favour of somethign with more power.

i used to love the RX8's until my nob of a next door neighbor bought one when they first came out and it put me right off.

have since moved, and the soft spot for them has come back, but never enough to actually own one, i've heard they drink oil like its going out of fashion and are even less economical than the ZED

i was looking at the rx8 231 before i bought the Zed, its pretty slow really, and that one is but ugly

also that one is way way way over price, i got offered one at a dealer for 6995, that was an 05 with all the extras available including all the Sat Nav

plus ive only heard bad things about the engines, blowing up here there and everywhere on the forums

All Im gunna say is people should actually investigate things before they go commenting about such things as drinking oil, and engine "blowing up here there and everywhere"

Thats how rumours start. Get the facts, then make the comments guys :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a rx8 for just under a year, it did drink oil compared to any other car I have had, even the dealer told me that this was a common thing with the rotary engine, which made me laught B)

Think they should have just left it standard don't think this body kitt does anything for it !! :headhurt: