Possible Detailing Tour covering the UK, WHO'S INTERESTED???

Race Valeting

1. Beavis Full Correction/engine/interior detail North Staffordshire Garage power/tap

2. Martinmac Full correction/engine/interior detail NE/NW London Garage

3. Maccaman Full correction/engine/interior detail North Staffordshire Garage etc.

4. Pingu2 Full correction/engine/interior detail SW London - no garage/no power/no water!

1. Beavis Full Correction/engine/interior detail North Staffordshire Garage power/tap

3. Maccaman Full correction/engine/interior detail North Staffordshire Garage etc.

4. Pingu2 Full correction/engine/interior detail SW London - no garage/no power/no water!

5. WoREoD Full correction/engine/interior detail South Oxfordshire - no garage (off road driveway with power/tap

5. WoREoD Full correction/engine/interior detail South Oxfordshire - no garage (off road driveway with power/tap

6. Rentech full correction - east Birmingham - water and power but no cover

Right chaps been speaking with Tim and we said we'll leave this thread open until the end of november to see if any others add their details to the tour.

Then we will plan out our dates and route etc.

All members on the list will be contacted via pm to get address/phone numbers etc for contact.

Thanks Paul & Tim

Personally Paul, I think their would be a greater demand for your services prior to the new meet season. I will be getting a respray before then anyway. Will see what others say.

Thanks Martin,

We'll keep this thread and list going until prior the next show season then.

If anybody wants their detail done sooner, feel free to let me know and we can get something arranged.

Paul

• 2 months later...

Hi Chaps,

Hope everyone is fine and enjoying the lovely british weather, just wondering what people's thoughts are about the DETAILING TOUR and when people will be interested in starting to have this done?

I know most will want to just see out the winter and then have the details done just prior to the shows.

Can people just let us know so we can make some plans/ideas for dates etc etc.

Cheers

Paul

This is the list we had before already going,If these people are still interested in the Tour and having there cars detailed just add dates etc to their names etc

And for new people wanting to add just join the list with the following details etc.

Paul

6. Rentech full correction - east Birmingham - water and power but no cover (no exact dates for me, just after the nasty road salt :rant: has gone and before the May Wales drive. The later the better).

3. Maccaman Full correction/engine/interior detail North Staffordshire Garage etc. (April would be good)

6. Rentech full correction - east Birmingham - water and power but no cover (no exact dates for me, just after the nasty road salt has gone and before the May Wales drive. The later the better).

I'd be interested BUT dealer had my 3yr old roadster Gard-X'd inside and out before collection protecting the swirls etc!!

What can / can't you do??

Surrey, 350z roadster btw.. could meet at a convenient spot / double up locally, garage tiny and in a block in a turning circle! loads of space (15 empty spaces) at work, but would need a fair run to tap and no cover..

I'd be interested BUT dealer had my 3yr old roadster Gard-X'd inside and out before collection protecting the swirls etc!!

What can / can't you do??

Surrey, 350z roadster btw.. could meet at a convenient spot / double up locally, garage tiny and in a block in a turning circle! loads of space (15 empty spaces) at work, but would need a fair run to tap and no cover..

Hi

As for the Gardx thats not a problem that can be removed to tackle/correct the paintwork and then re-seal/wax giving better protection/finish than the gard-x.

As for the interior the gardx isn't too bad for protection, I'm pressuming its leather? Did they clean/condition this and all the plastics?

What is the paintwork condition like?

I have a 400ltr water tank so water/tap not a problem, work sounds ideal.

Rgds

Paul

Remove the Gard-X?! that would hurt less if i'd gotten it done FOC!

I'll have a look around the paint, its 2 yrs old so not bad at all but I have noticed the dealer left a swirl or two when giving it their complimentary clean (aargh!)

Not sure I could stretch to a full correction / bear to rip off of the Gard-X just yet, let me mull!

Inside they cleaned and sprayed, not sure they conditioned the leather, I always used Macguires on my last car but not sure I can do this through the Gard-X treatment?