Instrumention lights

Martin W

Its not easy... Check out posts by Acree on My350z.com for info...

They are not plug and play, you need to solder them in...

If you good with a soldering iron and fancy a challange, then give it a go.. And do mine afterwards!!

:lol:

:lol:

I take it your thinking of the next mod now that one is out of the window!!

I think sticking some carbon on is about my personal limit. i can cut double sided tape quite well. :lol:

Wonder what Red nail varnish carefully applied would look like? :wacko:

Awesome result though, much better than his red version - has anyone else been looking at the 370z dials and thinking what an improvement they are on standard 350z orange !

I've soldered bits into and removed smds from a toy servo once, that was enough definitely don't fancy doing 20+ of them! It's not that it's hard just massively fiddly.

Well I saw how good the blue looked and saw also that many people couldn't see them in daylight. Red on the other hand is easily seen in both day and night, and wouldn't destroy night vision.

Halfway down the Blue LED thread, he let slip that you didn't need the resistors after all, so the challenges are:

- Dismantling the various bits without breaking them/ clips

- Soldering (this doesn't bother me, had some practice and own a micro soldering iton)

- getting the face replaced

- getting the needles back on in the right place

So all I need is a guinea pig?.........;)

• 2 weeks later...
Its not easy... Check out posts by Acree on My350z.com for info...

They are not plug and play, you need to solder them in...

If you good with a soldering iron and fancy a challange, then give it a go.. And do mine afterwards!!

One thing I did notice in Acreee's threads was A guy who said he'd achieved similar results with theatre Gel's - amedning the LED colours. Well my samples arrived today.. from a UK co called Lee filters.

DSCN0494.jpg

Going to be a cold night to go through 200 filters to see which changes Orange to Red!!!

:lol: if it works, i'll post up.

I have done one smd - one blew on mine!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! talk about fiddley or what!

what's involved in getting the pod to bits?

Dragan did this recently when changing the dials and both are now in the guides section!

I have done one smd - one blew on mine!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! talk about fiddley or what!

what's involved in getting the pod to bits?

Dragan did this recently when changing the dials and both are now in the guides section!

tx - will have a gander! - gave up on the Gel idea - Blood Red filter does the colour but removes 90% of the light!

I was looking at doing this but again seems like a big ball ache, So want to find someone to do it for me :D

I really want red led's across the dash, would suit my car alot better.

Yep - exactly what I'm after, I've got some gorgeous DEFI replacement gauges, and the Orange stock lights look totally sick in comparison.

zinside.jpg

Nice gauges :)

What you got in there? Easy to fit? Any issues? Just realised you got Boost so am guessing these were done when your TT was done...

Nice shade of Red - yep :D

They were done as part of the TT yes. I lost the stock circuit board which does the Trip computer display, but gained oil temp, oil pressure and boost.

Apparently they have to shave out about a mm of the inside of the stock pods to get the DEFI's in. Finshed look i snice, wouldn't try it myself tho'!!! :lol:

But, I now want the same red everywhere else !!!