Im Moving To Leeds . . . . any of you lot up that way?

live2themaxuk

Hey guys

ive just got a contract for 12 months up in Leeds . Had never really been up there before the interview so been real busy trying to get to know the areas on the net , good/bad and all that. Understand North and West are the best bits to live in . Gotta go find a pad this week so hitting the rental sites hard this evening. Not a quick move either for me from good old Guernsey but well up the some change of scene. Any of you lot from up that way? Whatcha got to say about it? Any recommendations and info of course well appreciated. . i know no one up there yet :teeth: Not sure whether the Z is coming- with either.:wacko:

Pretty impressed with the amount of flat you get for ya money compared to London. Pretty refreshing :thumbs:

J

Rental is prob very good at the moment in Leeds city centre due to over supply. Property market has been taking a real dive for a while with too many inner city appartments being built. If you don't want to stay in the city then I would recommend Headingley or Guiseley.

Paris of the North so they say! :lol:

Its a cool place to hang out out - very cool (frikin freezin' in fact this time of year) but plenty of clubs, pubs , shops etc etc you wont get bored!

If you are driving about in the Zed - get familiar with the ring road it can be a bit of a dog to get used to especially when its getting darker earlier now!!

Tilly can probably help with more local knowledge. ;)

I'm Leeds based, been here for 8 years or so, so can probably help you out.

I live in Headingley, but have mates in all the places you mentioned and know them pretty well.

As mentioned - there are some great deals in the center at the moment due to over supply of flats.

Where you choose to live probably depends a lot on personal situation. I.e. are you single, or are you moving with a family? Are you keen to go out a lot, or do you like your home comforts? Where about in Leeds will you be working? Some of the commutes can be a nightmare because of the traffic.

if you give me some more info about what you ideally want from your 'stay' I'll try and advise accordingly. Leeds is a great place though, and you're certain to have a brilliant time up here :)

Scholes is quite a nice wee village just on the outskirts if you didnt mind driving into Leeds for work. It's right on the A64, and only 10 mins drive from the biggest Tesco I have ever been in!

hi

you could also try horsforth, west park, weetwood and adel areas - they're also close to headingly and have lots of places to rent and its easy to get into the city centre from there

otley/rawdon/yeadon/guiseley are more like separate towns and a bit more difficult to get in to the centre of leeds from

hope that helps :)

thanks guys/girls, great info. Yeah i am single but will be wanting a 2 bedroom place, secure parking etc. I was thinking maybe a semi-rural location , but thats only because i want a place that is maybe a little out of the mee-lay, though few nice local bars/wine bars wouldnt go amiss :) Village-y sounds good but depends what u mean by posh, theres classy, then there pretentious. . . .big difference ;)

will be working in Holbeck just off the A653

J

Live in York and commute! Much nicer environment to live but then you got some decent clubs and bars to go into :)

Think the train commute is about 1/2 an hour.

If you looking for a place up that way, give James Naish at Naish Estate Agents a shout and say Robbo sent you, he knows Leeds and York like the back of his hand! And if your looking for conveyancing work he does that too...... (Yeh I know... My best mate is a Lawyer and an Estate Agent!!!)

hey ya

cheers for all your help guys, All info really helped. Managed to find a place in record breaking time in really nice area, in between moortown and alwoodley in Shadwell. LOL i think of Austin Powers when i say that. Yeah Baby!! :lol:

Has secure parking, but i think the Z cant come as speed humps are kinda everywhere. Gonna get something less showy, maybe a motorway miles Golf 1.8T

Gonna venture out tonight and check out some of the nightlife.

Cheers again

J