Hi Beam

mec

I'm finding the hi beam a bit pants on the Zed, I'm often on country lanes. Anyone fitted higher wattage H7's... 70w, 80w, etc... Any melting or yellowing of the headlights?

(Legal caveat - Of course the country lanes I’m referring to above are the roads to my private Manor and naturally I will take the bulbs out on her majesty’s road and not use them to blind stoned hoodies or scare badgers)

Gi

Found my order! Autobulbs direct,,,

PH582SV WY21W (Wedge Type) Philips Silver Vision (pair) £15.45 1 £15.45

H7PXP H7 Philips X-treme Power +80% bulbs (pair) £32.99 1 £32.99

501LED201 501 LED Quad Bulbs Options: Colours: White £8.50 1 £8.50

LED5011WP 501 LED Extreme Power 1W Options: Colour: White £12.50 1 £12.50

And from priracing.com

H322 PIAA LED sidelight bulb 4 element - Xtreme Force (pair)

1 £21.00 £21.00

I have the extremepower 1w's in my side lights and they are pretty good too...

Big time, much better and as I have led's in the side lights then its all matching!

Its best to upgrade all the bulbs at once so you only have to take the wheels off once... Oh and dont forget to put the grey bulb covers back on before you put them all back together and put the wheels back on....

Big time, much better and as I have led's in the side lights then its all matching!

Its best to upgrade all the bulbs at once so you only have to take the wheels off once... Oh and dont forget to put the grey bulb covers back on before you put them all back together and put the wheels back on....

did all mine with the wheels on ;) just turned them and jacked the car a little to get extra clearance

dont forget to test them before you pck your tools away and put the inner lining back :thumbs:

Mark, which ones did you put in you numberplate lights? Mine started to do a disco (not suppising for ebay cheapies), but didnt know if these would be too much - http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-le ... 17114.html

Gonna get them for sidelights, just dont know about number plate lights, hmmm :wacko:

Think I have the Quad ones in the numberplates. More than enough light from them.

Thought about using the ones you posted for the side lights, but felt you could see too much of the wires...

Mark, which ones did you put in you numberplate lights? Mine started to do a disco (not suppising for ebay cheapies), but didnt know if these would be too much - http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-le ... 17114.html

Gonna get them for sidelights, just dont know about number plate lights, hmmm :wacko:

Think I have the Quad ones in the numberplates. More than enough light from them.

Thought about using the ones you posted for the side lights, but felt you could see too much of the wires...

+1 quads in the no plates

Just ordered this little lot off autobulbs :)

501LEDBR - 501 LED Super Bright White 1W (pair) £11.99

581SV - 581 Philips Silver Vision (pair) £13.45

OSNBH411 - H7 Ring Xenon Max + 90% 12v 55w NEW! (pair) £21.50

After chatting to a few people I got asked a few times if the wiring in zed could take above 55w bulbs, thought probably best not to find out the hard way and went for the xenon max bulbs

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't bother replacing the indicators maybe a mod for the future. It was a little fiddly changing the bulbs over, as I didn't remove the wheel.

But the most annoying thing was having put the lining on and lowering the jack... to see a white dish on top of the tool kit. That'll be the back of the head lamp, up she goes again.

• 2 weeks later...
anyione know the 04 lights (Rear stops) size? I found some nice 360 degree Red LED's but i have no idea what fitment they need to be? :)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-le ... 16500.html

Wont fit mate. You need wedge bulbs, same fitment as the indicator and fog lights. Cant remember the correct fitement, perhaps T20? Do a search for the indicator and fog lights, sure you'll find it :thumbs: