where to stay in London?

Stew

Ok, I'm going down to Brighton in December as my other half has to present at the national neuroscience or pharmacology convention - not sure which one it is! She was nominated for an award which was won locally so is now competing nationally.

Anyway, Accommodation is sorted in Brighton. I'll wave to RobD7 :bye:

Well, afterwards we will stay in London for a few nights. I want to do the tourist stuff. Never done it before.

So, where do I stay? I can get some good prices through work near Oxford Street. I'm a London dumb ass so need all the advice I can get. I like nice hotels but don't like to pay too much for them!

Any advice welcome! No other preferences apart from nice!

:thumbs:

Not half as bad as I thought it'd be!

The ones through work were Jurys and the Radisson near oxford street.

Is that the best kind of area to be in?

Great location for the shops :scare: yeah, and Buck Pal but no experience of those hotels.

I know people who have stayed at The Tower in the past and its a great location to do the whole London tourist thingy (buses and tubes are easy to get you everywhere) but also for getting to Docklands and jumping on the ferrys down to the Eye/HP or in the other direction Greenwich/Thames barrier - in fact don't miss out on a river trip. :thumbs:

Not half as bad as I thought it'd be!

The ones through work were Jurys and the Radisson near oxford street.

Is that the best kind of area to be in?

stayed at Jury's Clifton Ford several times, good for the money and in a great area, loads of good restaurants within 5/10 mins walk, try La Ruada

Thanks for that. Is it easy yo get round for the tourist stuff?

It's just a cracking rate on those two hotels....... Otherwise there are 700 on the hotel sites..... I needed to narrow it down a bit.

Both the Jurys and the Radisson are well located. Getting around is dead easy - central London isn't actually that big, and a 20m min walk in any one direction will get you to most things. Or a Travelcard will get you tube and bus use for the entire day.

Plenty of fine restaurants in the vicinity too! Let me know when you're coming down and I may well be about for a jar or two. :thumbs:

Good stuff Rob.

Looking at a few options now. Some good rates on hotels.com but once you add on fees it gets expensive again!

I will find something good! I can always use the ones from work though!

Hey Stew say congrats to Jayne from us both :thumbs:

I think its still a quid on the buses for anywhere in the centre is'nt it??? (Been a while since I was there) :blush:

Think you've been to the London eye - sure you mentioned - if not go on it - top stuff! :D

Have a nice time down there matey - if your driving and need a stop off point - let me know - hot tea and sticky cakes available! :snack:

I think its still a quid on the buses for anywhere in the centre is'nt it??? (Been a while since I was there) :blush:

Think you've been to the London eye - sure you mentioned - if not go on it - top stuff! :D

Have a nice time down there matey - if your driving and need a stop off point - let me know - hot tea and sticky cakes available! :snack:

We're flying Stan but when I come down in January I think a donut stop will have to take place! :lol:

We're flying Stan but when I come down in January I think a donut stop will have to take place! :lol:

Thought you might be flying - picking up the airmiles eh! I cant even imagine how long it would take to get from Aberdeen to Brighton!! :headhurt:

No worries Donut stop already planned in as is the following :

http://www.slattery.co.uk/dining.cfm :snack::D

Ive stayed numerous times recently in Premier Inn- Tower Hill. Good location and great rooms/service/breakfast. Around £100 a night, and is 5 mon walk from the tube and also Tower of London. Just been redecorated and some of the rooms are massive. I personally recommend room 511. Looked at the fire evac floor plan, and if i can remember 509 and 507 were also just as big, no doubt the other floors follow the same plan.

Hope this helps

J

Just read this, tell me where you're staying so that I can drive past and get spotted! :lol:

Well Jayne will be in a conference all day. I'll be cruising..... heard it's full of gays though so I won't fit in.

Staying on the front near enough. The conference is in a Hilton but we booked a B&B as it's more cosy! :thumbs:

Still getting prices for London. They are bloody criminal!

Well maybe! I might hire a fiat 500 to fit in with the locals....:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the exception not the rule, alright! :surrender:

No, that means he's meeting up with Louis ;)

I know that bit, but us southerner's reputation is being harmed by this! :lol:

Well maybe! I might hire a fiat 500 to fit in with the locals....:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the exception not the rule, alright! :surrender:

No, that means he's meeting up with Louis ;)

I know that bit, but us southerner's reputation is being harmed by this! :lol:

Lost cause mate :snorkel: