Rear carbon strut cover issues

sake-bito

Hi, has any body got any good pics of a fitted rear carbon strut brace cover fitted?? I tried to fit mine today and the only way i can get it to fit OKish is by pushing it down onto the strut brace cover. If i let it go it just springs back up (thats with using the double sided sticky tape) :rant:

Here is a quick pick of mine just to show the fitment around the Z

24102008290.jpg

STOO

Havent seen anyone elses close up before, but thats typical of most carbon I've seen bar the very expensive Varis/Seibon/etc type pieces which are pretty much perfect, but you pay for that ;)

Zed cut out does look a bit off, I suggest you speak to whoever sold it to you :thumbs:

Carbon is rarely perfect, it is a feature of it and tbh, shows it is proper carbon rather than film etc. You should embrace it rather than cast it out ;)

The carbon is perfect on my omega watch! B):lol:

I can live with the Z cut out but it's the actual physical fitment over the brace cover thats really poor.

STOO

Carbon is rarely perfect, it is a feature of it and tbh, shows it is proper carbon rather than film etc. You should embrace it rather than cast it out ;)

The carbon is perfect on my omerga watch! B):lol:

I can live with the Z cut out but it's the actual physical fitment over the brace cover thats really poor.

STOO

Don't shoot me down for a silly suggestion but is it the right way up??

How much is the Omega compared to the cover btw? ;):lol:

yeah its the right way up, althought the photo is upside down! :headhurt: well spotted. like i said, the only way i can get to to go flat to the strut cover is if i apply quick a lot or pressure to the carbon part :scare:

Just waiting on the seller getting back to me, i'm sure it'll get sorted. Was hoping there would be somebody else thats got one just to let me know if they are all like this. Maybe you need to use something better than double sided sticky tape.

STOO

spraying it black may be an option! LOL Whats the best double sided sticky tape available on the high street?? Problem for me is that the fit is so bad it takes a lot of poking and shoving etc and when you have the tape on it you only get one go :wacko: Like i found out today fitting my B pillar covers :headhurt:

STOO

spraying it black may be an option! LOL Whats the best double sided sticky tape available on the high street?? Problem for me is that the fit is so bad it takes a lot of poking and shoving etc and when you have the tape on it you only get one go :wacko: Like i found out today fitting my B pillar covers :headhurt:

Wish i had just bought a pop charger instead of this! :rant:

STOO

Ha Ha yours fitted better than mine! :p

I like what you done, did you just pray it matt black??

I wouldn't mind so much but my old dear got me it for my birthday and she's pretty unhappy that my birthday present is pretty shug dite and i won't be using it.

STOO

Ha Ha yours fitted better than mine! :p

I like what you done, did you just pray it matt black??

I wouldn't mind so much but my old dear got me it for my birthday and she's pretty unhappy that my birthday present is pretty shug dite and i won't be using it.

STOO

Trust me, it really didn't. I would have been happy if it fitted around the Z like yours has :blush:

I bought a can of high temp black paint from halfords and sprayed it with that :thumbs: I think it only cost about £8 :D

Pm'd seller twice and i have seen him online and i have had no reply :rant:

maybe just an oversite though, got every faith that this'll be sorted :)

STOO

Depends who the seller is. They are busy and sometimes have LOADS of PMs. Sometimes best to call during office hours. :thumbs:

Pm'd seller twice and i have seen him online and i have had no reply :rant:

maybe just an oversite though, got every faith that this'll be sorted :)

STOO

Depends who the seller is. They are busy and sometimes have LOADS of PMs. Sometimes best to call during office hours. :thumbs:

+1 - some are a right mission to track down :surrender:

Shocking fit, esp as the original Nissan bits are never out ie every 350z is the same...

But as Andy said, you gets what you pay for.... Get the drimmel out, make the z bigger, and then either paint or put some red or black cloth behind to get a different effect... Oh and dont forget to super glue the edges of the zed once your done to stop any fraying or roughness...

• 1 month later...