Are your companies effected by IBM unix bug?

stanski

Sorry geek thread! :surrender:

Sap error ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF running on IBM AIX Unix release patch TL08

There is a bug to do with time zones (clocks go back issue) apparently its global!

System just freezes as its detecting a large time difference !

Oh dear dont want to be on an IBM call centre today or SAP call centre!!

Its funny as people round the world are trying quick fixes and googling - gotta love that global economy! :lol:

Ow well keeps me busy and off the roads! :p

Hi..

We manage multiple R/3 ERP, SCM and BW installations on Unix, Windows and Solaris .. we have learned over the last few years that clock goes forward = ok...let it roll even clusters can deal with it... But.. clocks go back = bad... recently we had to deal with a customer in Melbourne Au. as AU had changed the date from 26th to 12th for their clock changes we had a spate of mad patching to change the systems auto update parameters....

We have ended up with an operational process for stopping the systems for an hour either side of the clock changes..... which seems to allow a clean startup..

good luck..

http://www.crn.com/security/211600229 - that one is a concern aswell. Make sure your all patched up!!!! We have multiple SMS deployments going live as we speak!!! - Note this requires a reboot though

Yup we got that one also - DEFCON 1 - on top of about 5 other things and yes still here!!! :rant:

But on the plus side I am wearing my club T- shirt at work today and will thrash it home tonight :teeth::teeth::teeth: (well ok subject to traffic jams!)

Have a good weekend folks ;)