The modding has begun

T8 JPE

Started the modding last week be it only small. After some less than complementary comments about the ariel i now have an aluminium stubby which looked abit odd but with an o-ring underneath looks fine. Fitted some satin z badges, carbon B pillars and Carbon Engine cover and Battery and brake covers.

I took the front bumper off last weekend to fit the clear reflectors, however they were for the pre-facelift model so ESR are swapping those for me.

Thanks to ESR and M350ZB for all my bits and bobs.

Heres my dilema, next item is an exhaust. I wanted the DC sports system but after hearing one on the wales run, previously Jacko's car i believe i wasn't to sure if i liked the sound so have been tempted by the nismo.

If i only buy the Cat back system what sort of difference will this make to the sound? I want something that sounds loud but still abit classy, if you understand what i mean.

iirc I think the nismo is 875 quid. the 5zigen proracer is 795 I think and the a spec which is the same system without blue tips for 750. both sound good. the 5zigen is louder than the nismo and emphasises the v6 howl more than any other.

-ho

Nismo comes with Y-pipe for that price, 5zigen doesn't IIRC.

My bike has that! been used on bike for a while. They use them for torque I think ti adjust the back pressure.

Yup been used for ages on bikes. Not sure who did it first but Yamaha have had the ExUp valve for a fair few years now. All done electronically. Astons also have them, as do a few more exotic cars. I beleive it keeps back pressure up at low revs, then opens at higher revs to be more free flowing and also gives some more noise :thumbs:

Oh also, it would only be of use on more high flowing exhausts that dont provide enough back pressure at idle. You would need something specifically designed for the valve. Would be good though, as at idle it would be nice and quiet, then at full throttle when the valve fully opens all hell would break loose!

Yamaha are quite advanced with this, they are using it on the intakes now to vary air flow too. Very cool stuff!

I'm not sure what effects it'd have on the Zed, I'd have to see prove it won't do anything bad before parting with cash - not that I would. My Zed sounds cool noisy! :lol::lol:

I have the nismo on mine atm, and a brand new 5Zigen Miracle Fireball exhaust ready to go on when i decide i want to!

Has anyone in UK got a miracle fireball, its lighter / louder than the Pro Racer ones...

Does that mean you might be getting rid of the NISMO.....?? ;)

If so, shotgun! :teeth:

Thanks for the info guys and a quick Google revealed the link below - wonder if a certain new GTR owner on here has purchased this - looks the business with the electronic control unit ;)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/58534-apexi- ... alve.html#

And in answer to 3FIDDYZ's question about the merits, for me the advantage is when you want to play the fun factor steps up another level. But for everyday use and in areas where a bit of discipline is needed with the right foot you are not going to attract unwanted attention :D