Swap - K&n Typhoon For Other Long Tube Cai Like A Nismo

3FIDDYZ

Change of direction and I need a bit of space in my engine bay. Unfortunatly for me (but fortuntly for you!) the K&N has its own surround for the CAI that an airscoop goes into....

Anyone up for a bit of extra carbon lovelyness? Oh and if your in my area (ish) happy to come and help swap them over!!

Cheers

Mark

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

The kit includes the chrome tube, a box that protects the air filter from heat, a carbon lid, the air filter, a pipe that leads from the front of the air box behind the bumper and a scoop at the front.

Change in mind is cause I need the space in the engine bay for a couple of other mods that work only with a bit more space, there is nothing wrong with the kit, far from it!!

You can see the chrome pipe in the bottom picture coming out of the front (or bottom in the pic) of the airbox. Fixs at the top and then the scoop end has a bolt that goes into the tow hook hole....

So what do you do when you want to use the front towing eye?

As I am now the new official K&N expert lol - you can just remove the bolt and insert the towing eye in its place, the scoop aint gonna go far in there and bearing in mind your being towed so no need for air intake anyway :lol:

As I am now the new official K&N expert lol - you can just remove the bolt and insert the towing eye in its place, the scoop aint gonna go far in there and bearing in mind your being towed so no need for air intake anyway :lol:

I would think its more for track days when you need the towing eye in and dont want the scoop flying around :surrender:

• 4 weeks later...