do you do around or more than 20k miles/year in the zed?

p1tse

20K in a Z - :wacko: How much must you be spending on petrol. I cringe every time i fill up and I am only doing 8/9K lol

I dont, work pay the bill! And I get all the Tesco points for it, thats why at the last Wales run I got the hotel for free! Thanks work :thumbs:

700 miles per week just to work + a bit at weekends - looking about £5000 per year so far on Petrol! :cry:

Love every minute and it helps me cope in long traffic jams! (Especially when I can drop the roof) :thumbs:

Excellent long distance cruiser! (Great for Scottish excursions) ;)

20K in a Z - :wacko: How much must you be spending on petrol. I cringe every time i fill up and I am only doing 8/9K lol

I dont, work pay the bill! And I get all the Tesco points for it, thats why at the last Wales run I got the hotel for free! Thanks work :thumbs:

what line of work are you in for work to pay for fuel bills?

would be nice or good if at least employers take the cost and for employees to pay them back, at least won't have to pay VAT.

I don't do much in mine as I use my company cars - pick up my new Astra sporthatch, 1.6 turbo full XP kit - today for the next couple of months.

I don't mind filling the Z'd up although my account does... but everytime you drive it and the looks you get, every single penny is worth! B)

rough estimates, IF:

average mpg 24

tank 80litres

mileage range per tank = (24*80)/4.546 = 422 miles

20,000 annual mileage

divide by 422 miles tank

= 47.4 tanks

tank size is 80L

multiply £1.10/litre of unleaded

= £88

£88 * 47.4 tanks

= £4,171!!!! just on petrol.

ouch ( i don't do these miles but just thinking ahead if it was, now i can see why people choose diesel)

rough estimates, IF:

average mpg 24

tank 80litres

20,000 annual mileage

divide by 422 miles tank

= 47.4 tanks

tank size is 80L

= £88

£88 * 47.4 tanks

ouch ( i don't do these miles but just thinking ahead if it was, now i can see why people choose diesel)

If you even have to think about these calculations, your buying the wrong car :)

rough estimates, IF:

average mpg 24

tank 80litres

20,000 annual mileage

divide by 422 miles tank

= 47.4 tanks

tank size is 80L

= £88

£88 * 47.4 tanks

If you even have to think about these calculations, your buying the wrong car :)

+1 - it crosses my mind now and again, then I end up going for a drive, always reminds me its well worth it!

I dont smoke or drink so its a good way to spend money.

I'm in IT btw, based on client site.

as i'm in finance, things just tick in my head like this. but i was curious if there are many zed owners here doing these annual mileage?

for me cost of each mileage at the moment is similar anyway.

can't help being a petrol head ;-)

but i'm sure it's well worth it

One thing I have noticed - especially after Mikes and Bec's wedding last weekend - I was stuck in heavy traffic and was going to be late so had to ahem... press on shall we say to get to Wrexham on time, but eased off rest of week and well I still got between 400 - 425 miles to a full tank? So bottom line is drive like Grandma or drive like Grandad (on speed) and it wont matter much :thumbs:

As we all say here if your worried about economy dont buy Zed's, diesels are only good for long trips not around town , fuel is dearer, servicing dearer and parts are too, so you need to keep a diesel for a long time to get that lot back? its about personal choices and what suits you and your family at that time? :)

I got an average of 29MPG over the Wales weekend, with 600 miles down, twice around the Evo triangle, once with Amanda driving and once on the run itself, both being spirited and keeping up with the leaders on the Wales run. Its a very frugal car if you dont thrash it when you dont need to. Drive it like you stole it everywhere and it does drink fuel, but drive it like a normal car and it returns very supprising numbers. :)

i do 100 miles a day, i dont mind the petrol, but its the devaluation of the car thats annoying, cause noone touches a z with more than 50k on its clock. :(

I think that will change in the next couple years. Its only because a majority of Zs were too young to be hitting this sort of number but as more of the 04/05 plates approch being around the 50K mark it will be more acceptable.

..well that what I keep telling myself lol

Add me to this list:- 30k per year on average :teeth:

Bought the car with 29k just over a year ago and now 61k and that's with 4 months out of the country when working in Sveden.

I don't care about the cost, I don't have any kids so it's kinda offset. I love the Zed, wouldn't change it for the world, I've had my fair share of oil burners and wanted to feel alive when driving! Based on depreciation I think it's going to stay with me for a long time....

I'm self employed and the fuel is classed as business mileage - I have an excellent accountant :thumbs:

I've always been a high miler due to my job, A few years ago I had a Lexus IS200 which hardly did 400miles to a tank bearing in mind the difference in cars I can get 350miles to the Zed for not much more fuel. Could get a diesel but who wants to be normal? :thumbs:

I was talking to Stanski the other week and he does a lot of miles and doesn't touch the expensive juice and his car runs fine he reckons.

I was talking to Stanski the other week and he does a lot of miles and doesn't touch the expensive juice and his car runs fine he reckons.

At some point we really need to do some experimentation around MPG with different fuels. I worked out long ago that Tesco 99RON returned enough extra MPG to make it pay for itself over 95RON. Now while at the Wales run I used BP Ultimate, and that returned yet more milage over 99RON. So the better stuff does give better milage and not always at extra cost. Not sure if ultimate was worth it, have to do some sums before I know that :thumbs:

I've always been a high miler due to my job, A few years ago I had a Lexus IS200 which hardly did 400miles to a tank bearing in mind the difference in cars I can get 350miles to the Zed for not much more fuel. Could get a diesel but who wants to be normal? :thumbs:

Yes Mark never put the decent stuff in since I got it - just run it on the boggo stuff and not had any issues (touch wood) will treat it to some one day when money situation better, but usually end up at ASDA as its next to work and home coincidentally. I know Drew only runs it on VPOWER stuff and keeps reminding me about Nissan Warranty clause in the handbook - handbook? Oh yes got one of those somewhere! :lol:

Only time I have ever noticed any difference was when I put some Vpower in my MR2 roadster a few years ago by mistake one night - damn thing shot off like the proverbial bat out of hell on the slip road!

RX8 did'nt notice any difference though? :dry:

Mate only runs his Lexus IS200 on Vpower but it drinks more than the Zed! :lol: