How to - Change the aux drive belts

steve3000

I brought this up before, but I must have an undersized pulley wheel on my car. One belt is shorter than it should be; I run out of tensioner adjustment long before it's taut.

Anybody come across aftermarket pulley wheels? I might have to locate a Zed being broken locally to look for one.

I brought this up before, but I must have an undersized pulley wheel on my car. One belt is shorter than it should be; I run out of tensioner adjustment long before it's taut.

Anybody come across aftermarket pulley wheels? I might have to locate a Zed being broken locally to look for one.

The tensioner can stick along it's guide rail I found. I had to grease mine to make it smooth.

Push the tensioner up as far as it will go with your hand, then slightly nip it up to grip the rail.

The tensioner can stick along it's guide rail I found. I had to grease mine to make it smooth.

Push the tensioner up as far as it will go with your hand, then slightly nip it up to grip the rail.

We had the whole tensioner assembly off as the bottom 'tongs' the bolt sits in were bent. We checked the travel of the pulley wheel while we were at it and everything seemed smooth. So unless we were missing something then there was just no way we could take enough slack out of the belt for it to work correctly.

I'll give it another look the next time it needs some belts, but being done just a few months ago it won't be for a while.

We had the whole tensioner assembly off as the bottom 'tongs' the bolt sits in were bent. We checked the travel of the pulley wheel while we were at it and everything seemed smooth. So unless we were missing something then there was just no way we could take enough slack out of the belt for it to work correctly.

I'll give it another look the next time it needs some belts, but being done just a few months ago it won't be for a while.

Won't be that then. Wrong belt?

I ordered these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290728783837?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Won't be that then. Wrong belt?

I ordered these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yeah I had to fit smaller belts (at least one of them was). A photo on my phone (took it when I bought them for future reference) shows 6PK1148 and 4PK938 instead of 6PK1173 and 4PK948. Car runs fine and there's no squeal and I didn't run out of tensioner adjustment. It's odd for sure.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...