Scorpion Exhaust

From A to Zed

Hi all,

I fitted my scorpion this weekend, the fit was actually very good (no squeaks or rattles) and I think it looks good on the car - it's quiet subtle but visible to 'those in the know' if that makes sense...

I can only assume that there's a bad batch or two out there which has caused problems for other members.

The only sting in the tail (sorry, couldn't help it) is the noise... I'll give it some time to soot up but it's a little quiet to be honest.

A few piccies!

http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/e414078/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,

I commute by train all week so I haven't had much of a chance yet. I've done about 60 miles (since fitting it) and it's gradually getting a bit deeper. It still looks clean inside the tips though so it probably needs a few more miles. I'll post an update in due course.

You can't grumble about the value though!

Hi mate,

I commute by train all week so I haven't had much of a chance yet. I've done about 60 miles (since fitting it) and it's gradually getting a bit deeper. It still looks clean inside the tips though so it probably needs a few more miles. I'll post an update in due course.

You can't grumble about the value though!

CHEERS :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken a while, here are some clips for those who are interested. I really like the sound, it's great with the window down but very quiet in the cabin. Sorry the clips are not 'full throttle' but it was a public area.

For reference my set up is; HKS induction kit, standard cats and Y pipe, Scorpion system. Enjoy :yahoo:

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A6E233F5ADC5184A

Hi mate,

I have to be honest, I have no axle stands so I went for the lazy option and got a tyre/exhaust centre to fit it. (I used F1 in Chelmsford as my parents use them a lot and I find them quite good).

They used all the standard mounts and I've had no problems with rubbing, rattles or alignment.

I hope that helps, if only a little!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Hi M350ZB whats wrong with your scorpion exhaust?

Ive just had one fit and the garage has fit mine p@ssed the left tail pipe is sticking out an inch further that the right and it just doesnt look right :angry:

Iam booked back in next thursday to fix the prob and was just wondering what problem you have with yours.

Hi M350ZB whats wrong with your scorpion exhaust?

Ive just had one fit and the garage has fit mine p@ssed the left tail pipe is sticking out an inch further that the right and it just doesnt look right :angry:

Iam booked back in next thursday to fix the prob and was just wondering what problem you have with yours.

Yeah that was the problem i had when i had mine on, when looking underneath though and after taking to a garge, i noticed on the back box as such to the right as if looking from the back of the car, there was a pieces of metal that i thnk should of been attached via a rubber mount, but was not, since then had a new exhaust system. is yours really bad check underneath and see if there is much play in it and its secured at all mounting/fixing points ? ? ?