Scorpion Exhaust

From A to Zed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all 3 have to be attached to the rubber gromit things, the rear one is a pain in the backside, thats the one i had to bend slightly to pull it back in to alignment. read the airfilter thread for more info...

ta

Thats the one, my rear one was not attached, so only in two places. Out of intrest can you purchase the one mentioned ? ? ? mmmmmmm ?

Yeah i was. Say looking from the rear of the car, the one on the right is like a piece of metal that comes off the back box, this was just sitting up against a flat, no rubber gromets e.t.c, since sold my exhaust to a freind, but wondering if you can buy the gromet piece to attach, so it lines up perfectly for him as he is having the same problems ?, anyone know ?

you can certainly buy the rubber parts for the exhaust yes, come in a pack usually, however im having issues finding any online, my mechanic friend reckons most places that fit exhausts would sell you some.

funny thing is tried this, when i had my new system done by hayward and scott, we asked about this for him, and they had nothing lying around, is it a universal part do you know or ?, anyone know where i could get one from, or if ayone has a OEM zorst with one on that they have removed ? ? ?

Hi thanks for the info regarding the rubber gromits ive just gone and checked mine and there are all fit correctly the thing is the left hand tailpipe sticks out a good half inch or more past the right tail pipe making it look odd so ive look under both ends of the back box and the left hanger bolt is fine and butt up against the rubber gromit but the right tail pipe hanger bolt has a good half inch to butt up against the rubber gromit finally now i know whats causing the odd look.

If i could pull the right tailpipe hanger bolt forward just half an inch that would put it right :rant:

Yeh no probs ill get sum pics up once its been repositioned

Thats the only difference i can see is the right hanger bolt is not flush with the rubber gromit as the left one is, fingers crossed for next week.

Cool mate, look forward to seeing them, gonna take a look at me mates over the weekend

Hi i poped into the garage i got the exhaust from today just to order a K&N Induction kit and the mechanic repositioned my exhaust there and then is spot on now mate :yahoo: thank god iam hoping to get sum pics up asap.

Ive ordered the K&N GEN 2 Kit as its suppossed to give you an extra 10 bhp due to Dyno tests, i thought the ECU couldnt adapt to the changes and discards the upgrade but aparently the 350z ecu adapts over a few days of driving and accepts the bhp from the ind kit :dry:

Ive ordered the K&N GEN 2 Kit as its suppossed to give you an extra 10 bhp due to Dyno tests, i thought the ECU couldnt adapt to the changes and discards the upgrade but aparently the 350z ecu adapts over a few days of driving and accepts the bhp from the ind kit :dry:

BS ;)

To be honest iam only after the noise from the induction kit, But apparently if you disconnect the battery from the car for an hour after fitting the uprated parts then reconnect the battery the ecu resets and then learns and accepts the increased airflow and bhp.

(you will need the cars sterio code as disconnecting the battery will reset the code)

M350ZB Ive had the exhaust back end refit and only a small diffence made, I can now see the scribing scorpion on both tailpipes and it does look better, Also ive had a K&N GEN 2 Induction kit fit which comes with a heat shield it looks great and seams to give the exhaust a better note also the growl i get under the bonnet is nice.:teeth:

After having a talk with the mechanic he said the reason why my exhaust isnt lying true is because of the rubber gromits the hangers go into are solid and wont budge causing the left tailpipe to pull up :rant: I can buy adjustable rubber gromits which have four holes in which will sort things out for £25 but have been advised to leave it for a few weeks to see if the gomits currently being used soften and give a little.

Only time will tell but it does look better than first fitted last week.

I'll get some pics up hopefully this weekend bud

No probs buddy :lol: I think they around £25 not sure if thats for a pair or just for one :dry:.

Ive just been reminded i need a service + new discs and pads :headhurt:

Have a wonder threw some threads in here, some good write ups of servicing and good prices e.t.c bud :thumbs: