Audi TT to Z???

rik-e

Hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself.

Been thinking of a 350 for ages now but still undecided about the move from my Audi TT...

I had a test drive in a 05 reg Z yesterday with 24k but it had a few mods: cheap induction kit, APS exhaust and the dealer reckons its mapped to 350 BHP :dry: and it wouldn't tick over correctly and cut out twice on start up so not the best start for my first drive in the Z but I still loved it inside :)

Im currently 21 and have done a few modifications to all my previous cars and don't think it would change with the 350.

I've not had a proper search on the site yet for basic info on all the different models etc but will do so shortly.

Budget:

I'll have approx £14k if I sell the TT and use some savings.

i'll be keeping an eye in the for sale section for my perfect Z as over on the TT forum I know how well we all care for our motors so would hopw to get a good example.

Will probably need to buy the lowest spec BHP due to insurance/age but already know I want leather.

Pref. Black aswell.

Here's my current car as it stands with approx 270bhp and 4wd which I LOVE but think i'll love a 350 quite alot more :D

ttv6front5.jpg

ttv6front3.jpg

All advice on what spec to go for and what i should expect to pic up for £14k much appreciated guys.

Cheers, Rick

that car you test drove sounds a right dog, definitely steer clear of that one mate!

for 14k you will get a very good example, prices have dropped alot recently. in terms of spec there is only two. gt or non gt. for resale definitely get the gt, this comes with leather, electric, heated seats, bose stereo, cruise control and most people spec the 18" rays although if your going to change the wheels you may not be too bothered on this option.

good luck with the Zed hunt! :thumbs:

that car you test drove sounds a right dog, definitely steer clear of that one mate!

for 14k you will get a very good example, prices have dropped alot recently. in terms of spec there is only two. gt or non gt. for resale definitely get the gt, this comes with leather, electric, heated seats, bose stereo, cruise control and most people spec the 18" rays although if your going to change the wheels you may not be too bothered on this option.

good luck with the Zed hunt! :thumbs:

cheers for that.

i'd like bose as i've got that in the TT so know it sounds good. I also want to keep the leather so that's a definite.

Whats the fairlady model? i'm guessing its an import from just browsing the ads on ebay?

yeah that is an import model...there is lots of discussion about pros and cons of buying an import but if you've got 14k you may aswell stick with a uk gt model.

ive got a black one myself and although it is a pain to keep clean, when you do spend the time polishing it is easily the most rewarding colour. the azure blue is gorgeous in the sunlight if you haven't one in the flesh B)

:welcome:

Quite a nice TT you have. Well for a TT...... :lol::lol: Just kidding...... :ninja:

As has been said, 14k will get a nice example, you could do worse than have a look at the for sale thread here.

The Bose is nothing to get excited about. Apparently it's much better than the 'standard' stereo but it's not great.

The example you drove was NOT 350 bhp. Dealer is speaking crap I'm afraid!

whats the details on your TT - miles year price etc ;)

2001 'Y' Reg, 55k miles, looking for offers around £11000 as is or about £9750 standardo.

Mod list:

Exterior:

Tinted rears,

De-badged,

Badgeless front grille,

Smoothed V6 bumper with QS grilles,

LED strips,

LED sidelights,

LED no. plate bulbs,

8000k xenons,

ABT rear spoiler,

LCR Lower splitter,

Private reg,

QS rear valance

Suspension/Wheels:

30mm drop on G-Maxx springs,

KW adjustable rear tie-bars,

Audi 18" Vortex alloys,

Red calipers with white audi logo decals,

20mm rear & 15mm front spacers,

chrome valve covers and caps.

Performance:

Red SFS performance hoses,

DV relocation,

Forge Split-R valve,

Neuspeed P-Flo induction,

Neuspeed strut caps,

Forge oil, water, petrol covers,

custom polished washer fluid cap,

de-baffled polished charge pipe,

polished strut brace,

polished manifold,

VAGcheck stage 2 remap - Approx 270BHP

Interior:

stainless LED door, defroster vents and speaker surrounds,

Denison Ice Link for Ipod in custom leather enclosure,

armrest,

osir orbit gear surround,

Forge Big knob.

:thumbs: Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Still debating over the switch to the 350Z. My insurance renewal is due November and i'll have 2 yncb and be 21 (22 in Dec) :wacko:

forgot to add: I've owned the car just over 1 year now and there's been no expense spaired on servicing/maintenance.

Cambelt and waterpump done about 1000 miles ago and about another £2500 spent on general maintenance etc :scare:

receipts for everything i've had done.

hi, you did say you were looking too ;-)

GIXXERUK, if your mate fancies an avus with red inside, PM me ;-)

as for £14k should find you a nice one. have a look on pistonheads.

as you know in the same boat, but i'm in no rush, and with the prices dropping quite abit on these, might wait until end of year or begnining of next year (unless i find a decent part ex option).

would prefer blue, then gun metal, but would consider black or red (as not owned either before in colour wise).

spec wise would be GT pack and rays and with below average miles.