Rays + Spacers + Springs Question

ClarCE

Hey all,

I've had a quick search and can't find any definitive answers, this maybe because I don't understand this offset thing very well.

My plan is to get my current Rays refurbed as I think they suit the car perfectly. They're not too badly curbed, but there are a few bits that need looking at.

The current ride height is far too high for my liking, and was hoping I could get away with just changing the springs to bring it down 30mm ish. Any suggestions on which ones?

They are also set too far into the arch, which seems to be the general opinion, can anyone point me in the direction of spacers which will fit properly and not cause me vibrations - hub-centric ones I think I need? Also - I have no idea how big they need to be, just want the wheels to sit flush, and not sunk back into the arch as they are now.

Sorry if I'm covering old ground on this one - also whatever I do has to be in-expensive - I'm not looking for Formula 1 suspension for doing roundabouts at 80MPH, its more about the look for me.

As always, cheers in advance for your valued input!

Chris.

contact big phil at esr for spacers, im sure he keeps them in stock.

springs wise, most people tend to go for eibach which give a nice drop and offer a good handling and ride setup not to mention good value.

these mods will definitely give you the look you want!

B)

good amount of info here on what your after

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 61&start=0

Nice, found the eibach spacers - S90-6-20-019_1 x 2 for £68 per pair..

Anyone have experience of G-Max springs, they're are half the money of the Eibach ones - and I know what thay usually means..

Be careful! There are two types of Eibach spacer - one that bolt on that you want and ones that you need to drill out your existing studs and replace with longer ones that you don't. IIRC the code for the former ones begins 90-4-etc so I think yours may be wrong.

If you want to check, email Craig.Bradfield@eibach.co.uk who was very helpful to me. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Dammit! I didnt realise the spacers and springs were quite so cheap. Is this for a set of two, or for a set of four..?

Also - spacers + springs surely need new shocks too :) What's recommended for a new set of shocks for the Zed?

I have an awful feeling im going to spenmd more money at ESR again. Doh! :)

Dammit! I didnt realise the spacers and springs were quite so cheap. Is this for a set of two, or for a set of four..?

Also - spacers + springs surely need new shocks too :) What's recommended for a new set of shocks for the Zed?

Should be for 4 ;)

No need for new shocks if they are ok, just get the spring kit fitted. :thumbs:

I have an awful feeling im going to spend more money at ESR again. Doh! :)

I needed new shocks and have had a KW Variant 1 kit fitted by Phil the other week. I have only had 2 chances to try it out with a passion (been ill :stretcher: )but the difference is very noticeable and the car is much more settled. No more traction control kicking in all the time too (a sign of poor shocks?).

It isn't adjustable except for height so is cheaper than the top rated variant 3, but the ride is smooth on the motorway and excellent on the corners. It's a shame it has been so wet I can't try a good roundabout test, although I haven't lost the back end on any roundabout so far which is a change from the old original setup (just wait for the ice you say?!).

It's not the cheapest at about £750 but it is a great kit, adjustable height and the ride is great too. I would recommend it based on my short experience of it.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Should be for 4 ;)

so to check, what spring kit are we talking about here and does it lower the car?

Should be for 4 ;)

so to check, what spring kit are we talking about here and does it lower the car?

Eibach is one of the more popular but there are others - pretty much all will lower the car.