Some strident 350Z views here...

Cloverfield

That guy on the link is a muppet! I want to slap him and teach him how to drive. The 350z is a great drivers car, I love the twitch it makes my drive so much fun!

Some people huh :wacko:

+1 Just shows you the dangers of letting all and sundry have access to a public forum where they can air their misguided and ill-judged views.

I seem to remember (can't be bothered to re-read) that he has owned one. If he's such an expert and writes for magasines I'm not sure why he spat the dummy & is venting his spleen so hard on an internet forum.

It's good to hear un-biased views though, hope to be adding mine in the not too distant future :)

Ok, the guy doesn't like the Zed but the suggestion that its the worst handling car he's ever driven is just a rather poor attempt to be Clarkson-controversial. But then he gets uptight because people question its credibility... :wacko:

Ok, the guy doesn't like the Zed but the suggestion that its the worst handling car he's ever driven is just a rather poor attempt to be Clarkson-controversial. But then he gets uptight because people question its credibility... :wacko:

I've owned a car that cost nearly 5 times a MY03 zed when new and had nearly twice as much power. I still love the zed and will buy a third in the non too distant future. Anyone with a braincell knows that the two are not comparable.

You can't compare it to cars outside of its price and performance range. Compared to a Carrera GT, its crap. Compared to a Saxo, its amazing. He is a complete ****. He may not like it but he has no journalistic objectivity and is obviously trying to engineer a bit of notoriety.

There are people on that thread slating the zed because there is one for £8k, what a load of @*!#. I was offered a Ferrari 360 last week (with 100k on the clock) for £20k, does that mean the rest are the worst cars in the world and lead to financial suicide? No. The bloke is a total knob imo.

:dry:

I've owned a car that cost nearly 5 times a MY03 zed when new and had nearly twice as much power. I still love the zed and will buy a third in the non too distant future. Anyone with a braincell knows that the two are not comparable.

You can't compare it to cars outside of its price and performance range. Compared to a Carrera GT, its crap. Compared to a Saxo, its amazing. He is a complete ****. He may not like it but he has no journalistic objectivity and is obviously trying to engineer a bit of notoriety.

There are people on that thread slating the zed because there is one for £8k, what a load of @*!#. I was offered a Ferrari 360 last week (with 100k on the clock) for £20k, does that mean the rest are the worst cars in the world and lead to financial suicide? No. The bloke is a total knob imo.

TBH I've never heard of his online mag before and having read that I won't be looking it up in a hurry.

TBH I've never heard of his online mag before and having read that I won't be looking it up in a hurry.

If he was any good he would be writing for a published magazine, what a ****. :surrender:

If he was any good he would be writing for a published magazine, what a ****. :surrender:

Not strictly true - check out the team behind Drivers Republic. :thumbs:

Not strictly true - check out the team behind Drivers Republic. :thumbs:

Granted, the expection to the rule, but those guys between them are an ex EVO magazine editor, former EVO deputy editor, an ex AUTOCAR editor etc etc, all with respected positions within the industry and hope that their reputations will carry their site to success. Publications first, internet based second. Their experience and reputations allow it.

This guy is a no-one. Written for no one, and expects to be taken seriously. :blush:

I've always said the EVO lot are biased to anything German and overpriced. Respected as drivers, maybe. I have no respect of their opinion as it always come back with the same answer - Porsche, BMW or the expensive one.... :yawn:

Did you read the Evo GTR review. It was pretty positive. They write well about various type R's etc too. And of course they love the 350Z :)

I can't comment on Porsche having never driven one, and it does get a bit dull when you get to the end of a review, shootout etc and 'Porsche wins again' but you have to say the Evo team know their cars. In fact they're most of the reason I'm getting a Z. They love the Panda 100HP though but it's not on my list yet :)

Sorry, this turned into a bit of an Evo fanboy post - car fanboy not Evo fanboy :surrender:

I've always said the EVO lot are biased to anything German and overpriced. Respected as drivers, maybe. I have no respect of their opinion as it always come back with the same answer - Porsche, BMW or the expensive one.... :yawn:

Just not true, Rob.

From last month's EVO's choices:-

Supermini - Fiat Panda 100HP

Hot Hatch - Megane R26

Small Coupe - Zed

Sports Saloon - M3

Big Saloon - M5

4X4/Estates - M5 Touring

Sports Cars - Boxster

Coupes/GTs - GT-R

Convertibles - XKR

Supercars - Ferrari 599GTB

IIRC their best handling FWD car was a Teg.

I could go on....

:surrender:

... I'm getting a Z. They love the Panda 100HP though but it's not on my list yet :)

Good idea, get used to the Z first before working your way up to the Panda, you'll just stack it if you jump straight in and let rip with those hundred horses in the wet :lol:

Just not true, Rob.

Hot Hatch - Megane R26

Small Coupe - Zed

Sports Saloon - M3

Big Saloon - M5

4X4/Estates - M5 Touring

Sports Cars - Boxster

Coupes/GTs - GT-R

Convertibles - XKR

I could go on....

Without going back and looking at other cars they include in the categories, I'm not sure what the summaries mean. But 30% of them go to BMW, so I'm not wrong there! I am referring to the articles themselves, and the constant references to '3 series' this and '911' that. Just as I find it. I love cars with a passion, but I just find their reviews predictable. :blush:

Just not true, Rob.

Hot Hatch - Megane R26

Small Coupe - Zed

Sports Saloon - M3

Big Saloon - M5

4X4/Estates - M5 Touring

Sports Cars - Boxster

Coupes/GTs - GT-R

Convertibles - XKR

I could go on....

Without going back and looking at other cars they include in the categories, I'm not sure what the summaries mean. But 30% of them go to BMW, so I'm not wrong there! I am referring to the articles themselves, and the constant references to '3 series' this and '911' that. Just as I find it. I love cars with a passion, but I just find their reviews predictable. :blush:

Rather less predictable of late - R8 trumps 911, GT-R trumps R8...

I suspect the BMWs are there because they are the best in class. Clearly you don't like the mag and that's fine but there really isn't a German/overpriced bias beyond the fact that the Germans make a lot of mighty fine cars.

Maybe you have an anti-German bias... ;)

Just not true, Rob.

Hot Hatch - Megane R26

Small Coupe - Zed

Sports Saloon - M3

Big Saloon - M5

4X4/Estates - M5 Touring

Sports Cars - Boxster

Coupes/GTs - GT-R

Convertibles - XKR

I could go on....

Rather less predictable of late - R8 trumps 911, GT-R trumps R8...

I suspect the BMWs are there because they are the best in class. Clearly you don't like the mag and that's fine but there really isn't a German/overpriced bias beyond the fact that the Germans make a lot of mighty fine cars.

Maybe you have an anti-German bias... ;)

:lol: No anti German bias at all, I'd love many Mercs and even the odd Audi.

As I say, it is just as I find it, and I have not read it for a good 12 months on that basis. If it has changed, so be it. I may not have any affection for BMW, granted. It was just in the little articles and reviews of any new car, I felt the references were OTT. :)