Some strident 350Z views here...

Cloverfield

The dude in that PH thread was a to55er. I stopped reading after 2 pages as I knew where it was going!

Ok, we are all pro Zed but really I think we are all realists. We know there are better cars out there. We know there are worse. This one just fits our needs.

• 1 month later...
I've joined a number of car forums, cougar, prelude and 300zx and one thing they all have in common is they are totally biased. Each car is within reason the best car to have. The good thing about the petrol heads forum is that it generates opinions from owners of other cars.

You've rather missed my point. It is not that this guy doesn't think that the Zed is the best car to have but that he states it is the worst car he has driven. He either hasn't driven many cars or, in reality, its bullsh1t from a wannabe Clarkson.

There is no bias when I say my Zed is better drive than my CRV - or is there?

I've joined a number of car forums, cougar, prelude and 300zx and one thing they all have in common is they are totally biased. Each car is within reason the best car to have. The good thing about the petrol heads forum is that it generates opinions from owners of other cars.

Read my post above your original.

The guy on Pistonheads clearly has his own agenda; he may not like the Zed which is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to say it's the worst handling car he has driven is just drivel and as such should be treated with total disregard.

As far as EVO magazine goes, compared with all other car magazines it is streets ahead though I do not always agree with their opinions; going back a few years they rated the Mitsubishi FTO as a 2* car which was one of the lowest ratings in the small coupe section. Absolute nonsense, having driven and looked at the competition at the time the FTO was without doubt a class leader. I owned two, admittedly the tiptronic was flawed but the manual was great, I can only assume they drove the tip or were biased against the FTO in some other way?

It has been mentioned previously about EVO having a German bias but to be fair, BMW and Porsche do make wonderful and very desirable cars so in all fairness I accept their findings on all the class leaders mentioned above and respect their opinions, indeed my last two cars have been EVO 5*, class leading cars and found both have lived up to their billing.