ebay exhaust JAPSPEED?

mike150

Hi people, I'm in Northern Ireland and I've just bought a Z, 05 UK GT in grey, it's standard except for a NISMO gear knob! :yahoo:

Can you help? I love the noise of it (though not as good as the Porsche 928 S4 Sport I had 5 years ago! 5 liters of V8 sounds great) but want it a bit louder + my standard pipe looks a bit rusty. I don't want to spend much and I spotted this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=012

I'm sure lots of you have seen it but I don't really know anything about it, do any of you? If so what is it and whats it worth? It looks like Japspeed on the tail pipe.

Thanks for any help!

Hi people, I'm in Northern Ireland and I've just bought a Z, 05 UK GT in grey, it's standard except for a NISMO gear knob! :yahoo:

Can you help? I love the noise of it (though not as good as the Porsche 928 S4 Sport I had 5 years ago! 5 liters of V8 sounds great) but want it a bit louder + my standard pipe looks a bit rusty. I don't want to spend much and I spotted this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=012

I'm sure lots of you have seen it but I don't really know anything about it, do any of you? If so what is it and whats it worth? It looks like Japspeed on the tail pipe.

Thanks for any help!

Quite mysterious these zorsts. TTconvert bought one and then quickly tried to sell it as it was too loud for him. It looks incredibly similar to the one that ESR sell as the K1 but whilst you may pay more with ESR you know you will have some come-back if there are any problems.

Thanks Digsy, that's maybe enough for me as I don't want something to loud, I saw an Astra coupe last night and the pipe on it was as loud as a Moto GP bike............I don't want that, just a bit louder, nice tailpipes and a bit more power. Not something that gives you a headache on the motorway! :scare:

I'm looking at -

SCORPION £375.....MONGOOSE £495......MAGNAFLOW £425 (15% Dis from here)

Scorpion looks nice for the money and I read a wee review on it but I can't find any sound clips.........

Gonna have a look now

I seem to remember someone saying the scorpian is okay until you accelerate and then it sounds like the gates of hell have opened. May also be a bit loud for you :blush:

Youtube has most of the sound clips although they aren't always a true indication of the real sound. Best bet is to go to a meet and listen to the other's. Nismo is a safe bet, as it sounds great but not ott. Gotta pay a bit more though.

Just bear in mind that youtube vids may feature cars with induction kits / y pipes / high flow cats etc which all alter the sound. What's your exhaust budget?

Most importantly the mike and what its recorded on make a huge difference. Also bear in mind that you'll be inside the car and not sitting two feet from the tailpipes. ;)

Best way is to get to a meet and get a ride inside some cars. The only real way to test out a zorst IMHO. :)

On the other hand if you can stretch to £850 the Nismo seems to be loved by 99% of people who buy it, so could be a safe choice.

• 1 month later...