has the arse fallen out of the Z market?

hagar

Just noticed quite a lot of late model Z's for sale recently (UK ones) for the region of 18 to 20k in GT spec... whats going on, only 6 months back they were pulling 23 to 24k private!!!

The new model costs more and doesn't offer more over the current one in any great respect so I cannot believe that is having the nock on effect

I think there were quite a lot of old models left in dealers when the new model became public knowledge and these are now being offered registered with low milage. Certainly my local dealer has a several (4-5) 55-plate cars on the forecourt, including Roadsters.

IMO the motor trade does all sorts of weird things, such as pre-registration, to manipulate their sales figures particularly when there's a bit of unsold stock around....

Its quite sad, but wait until the release of Fast N Furious 3. The popularity of the Z will soar. Even though it is quite a "chavvy" film in my opinion, it will make the cars more desireable. The old supply and demand rule will then push up the second hand market Im sure.

its just so weird how the 06 seems to have effected prices, it really really really isnt much different in my opinion. Oh and then there is the bull about the torque from Nissan, more of it usable over a greater range? My arse there is, mine dollops it down in a good shove where as the new one does seem to have a smoother curve it just felt flat and for what, 20bhp top end?

I dunno what everyone is trying to sell their cars at, but aren't they supposed to be worth about 55-60% of the original price after 3 years (without extras)? So, 53 Zed should be worth 17-19k I'd have thought. I dunno what people are expecting to make back, but 60% is considered very good!

I think the best way to lose the least is to buy one a year or two old (when the biggest chunk has been lost) or just don't sell it until you've had it a few years. Buying one new and selling it a year or so later must sting the pocket! :scare:

I have been trying to seel my GT4 for a couple of weeks now without too much luck.

I had hoped that the residuals would hold up better on the car but if no-one wants to pay the money, it does not matter what the guides say I guess.

Where are you trying to sell it? Any more details?

Was advertising on e-bay a couple of times (sold other cars through this OK) but it never got near what I needed for it.

Its a May 2005 GT4 in Kuro. 22,000 miles (I have a motorway commute) with lots of little extras. It owes me £23,750k and I would like to make that back. Retail from a dealer would be £25-26K I believe.