Faster Tiptronic shifts?

IanS16

Just wondered if there is anything you can do to make the tiptronic box shift faster? Its not really a big deal as its not a slouch, just wondered!

Does anyone know if its a mechanical or electrical thing?

(and please no "get a manual" posts.. cant afford to change my car and I love the tiptronic most times) :thumbs:

Shift it more like a manual.

Let off gas slightly, hit the shifter to +, and mash the pedal to the floor. It will slam into the next gear pretty quickly. At least faster than holding the gas pedal steady.

It's still slower than a manual speed shift, but not much.

Still not as fast a GT-R in R mode -- you can leave the pedal on the floor and get a 100 millisecond shift. :D

Shift it more like a manual.

Let off gas slightly, hit the shifter to +, and mash the pedal to the floor. It will slam into the next gear pretty quickly. At least faster than holding the gas pedal steady.

It's still slower than a manual speed shift, but not much.

Still not as fast a GT-R in R mode -- you can leave the pedal on the floor and get a 100 millisecond shift. :D

I suppose so.. I'll give it a try! Thanks :teeth:

Has your Z had a trans flush at any time? Found after my Z had mine done it shifts even faster and smoother, when I'm being lazy driving in very heavy traffic in auto mode.

I'm guessing that means more than just replacing the transmission oil. What else does it entail?

Just wondered if there is anything you can do to make the tiptronic box shift faster? Its not really a big deal as its not a slouch, just wondered!

Does anyone know if its a mechanical or electrical thing?

(and please no "get a manual" posts.. cant afford to change my car and I love the tiptronic most times) :thumbs:

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT :thumbs: that always seems to get the car shifting faster :lol:

Has your Z had a trans flush at any time?

I'm guessing that means more than just replacing the transmission oil. What else does it entail?

Old oil is flushed out by machine, new fluid goes in. Not really a major. Any dealer (lol, did I say that) can help with that, or a trusted mechanic.