Running costs

mileshardy2000

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum so be gentle. I'm about to make the move from civic type r ( don't worry i'm not a dirty chav ) to a 350Z and was hoping you guys could shed some light on the running costs. I know it'll be more the than the civic but is it stupid money or not too bad for a 3.5 V6. It won't put me off but.....

Cheers

around town you'll get about 17ish MPG on a good run you'll see low 30's easily :)

servicing isn't too bad, around £150-200 for most of them, rising to around £300 for a p3 service, well that's what it is roughly where i live :)

In mixed driving you can average 22-26. Thats what I get if i'm pootling about and winding it up a fair bit.

I thought it was going to be much worse when I bought it but I was pleasantly surprised.

I average around 20-25mpg, I think it's pretty good for such a big engine! My friend had an EP3 Type-R and his rinses petrol due to having no torque and constantly having to rev the absolute balls off it at 9k rpm everywhere. He recently got an S15 Spec-R and gets better MPG from it due to not having to have such a vicious driving style. :)

Hi mate welcome to the forum. I live in cardiff and work in bristol and use my 350 to travel back and for it does 300-350 miles to a full tank which is about £80 to fill up thats using on the motorway around the city its even less. but its worth the money

out of interest how many miles is cardiff to bristol and back?

how many times do you fill up a week for work?

its 50 miles i fill up twice a week, its costs me about £160 a week depending where i fill up i work just outside bristol at keynsham. i had the 225 TT but sold it for the 350Z

hi

thanks

were you on the tt-forum?

you must do some distance each year. how long does it take for you to do this journey?

i live north bristol and work at whitchurch and at times go via keynsham, and can take almost 30 mins to keynsham.

i wasnt on the forum. i leave cardif at 0630 because of the traffic on the ring road at bristol at that time it takes me about 45-50 mins if i leave it any later it will take me at least 1hr 30 with the traffic its a nightmare

that's cool. so you get to work before 7.30! what time do you finish?

yeah ring road can be an utter nightmare.

i bet you like some of the traffic light starts and roundabouts, especially the little one past emerson green ;-)

Hi mate welcome to the forum. I live in cardiff and work in bristol and use my 350 to travel back and for it does 300-350 miles to a full tank which is about £80 to fill up thats using on the motorway around the city its even less. but its worth the money

Funny because when my petrol light comes on i fill up with V Power and still the most cash i have ever put in is £68. I know it is a 80 litre tank but when the lights comes on i wonder how many more miles you can go ?? :D

Funny because when my petrol light comes on i fill up with V Power and still the most cash i have ever put in is £68. I know it is a 80 litre tank but when the lights comes on i wonder how many more miles you can go ?? :D

that depends on how fast your going :blush:

At least 100.

I did 70 miles on the ------------ :blush: