turbo shuffle

jasper350Zaps

having problems with my z spec is cosworth complete block and heads hks 264 cams aps twin turbo kit aps extreme fuel system haltech 350z ecu aps 3.5" test pipes 3"exhausts straight back cusco 2 way lsd etc etc etc.......ive got some really bad turbo shuffle how do i get rid off it thanks jasper

having problems with my z spec is cosworth complete block and heads hks 264 cams aps twin turbo kit aps extreme fuel system haltech 350z ecu aps 3.5" test pipes 3"exhausts straight back cusco 2 way lsd etc etc etc.......ive got some really bad turbo shuffle how do i get rid off it thanks jasper

What exactly is the car doing?

Try balancing your exhaust manifolds first, and then retune.

I think it's the cam effect unbalancing the turbos at low rpms. By balancing or cross-flowing exhaust; it balances exhaust from all 6 cylinders across both turbos.

There's another simpler mod to reduce low rpm cam lope, but I think cross-flowing the manifolds is the better fix in your case (a bunch more work though).

Here's a link to reduce cam lope and engine surge -- Jim Wolf Technology.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpd ... TY_FIX.PDF

This fix worked for me in smoothing out idle and preventing engine surge when you come off the throttle fast. Idle cam lope is barely detectable.

Try balancing your exhaust manifolds first, and then retune.

I think it's the cam effect unbalancing the turbos at low rpms. By balancing or cross-flowing exhaust; it balances exhaust from all 6 cylinders across both turbos.

There's another simpler mod to reduce low rpm cam lope, but I think cross-flowing the manifolds is the better fix in your case (a bunch more work though).

Here's a link to reduce cam lope and engine surge -- Jim Wolf Technology.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpd ... TY_FIX.PDF

This fix worked for me in smoothing out idle and preventing engine surge when you come off the throttle fast. Idle cam lope is barely detectable.

Tere, not bad for an old lady! ;)

:clap::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

LOL... It was just my first thought having dealt with odd cam behaviors at low rpms on a few cars. Until I did the JWT engine surge mod, the engine in the 350 would stall when slowing down to come to a stop, so it was a bit of a pain in the patoot. The little inexpensive mod cleared it right up.