Headlamp Headache

Mr A

Im trying to replace my side lights with white ones, but havent a clue how to even get the headlamps off, it doesnt look like theres any space behind the headlamp either, so..................... can anyone tell me what i need to do to change the side lights?

hi there, it is possible to get into the side light by loosening off the top bolt that hold the light to the chassis, it is still a very tricky job

good luck

Paul

Dream CustomZ

Tried that, paul. my hand wont fit on that tiny space and if i try prying the lamp up anymore, it'll break.

Turn the wheel on full lock the other way to the side you are working on (i.e. all the way to the left if you are doing the right). Then there is a single strew about 1 o'clock as you look at the wheel arch. Take that out. Next there are a couple of 10mm bolts on the botton of the liner. Remove them. You can then pry open the arch liner and get a hand in there to change it.

:)

Turn the wheel on full lock the other way to the side you are working on (i.e. all the way to the left if you are doing the right). Then there is a single strew about 1 o'clock as you look at the wheel arch. Take that out. Next there are a couple of 10mm bolts on the botton of the liner. Remove them. You can then pry open the arch liner and get a hand in there to change it.

:)

+1 i did jack the car up a little but didnt remove the wheels, jacking up gives extra clearance :thumbs:

you lose a bit of knuckle skin though :blush:

Still not as bad as trying to change one on a Megane - according to Fifth Gear the other night! :scare:

:lol: seen that, what do you think the idiots are thinking when designing that :wacko:

At least they gave them an access hole!! What a joke that was :lol:

Still not as bad as trying to change one on a Megane - according to Fifth Gear the other night! :scare:

:lol: seen that, what do you think the idiots are thinking when designing that :wacko:

They are thinking kerrrrr ching - take it to the dealer for a bulb change :surrender:

They are thinking kerrrrr ching - take it to the dealer for a bulb change :surrender:

Did you see the quotes though, the prices were astronomical!! :scare::scare:

Audi tell you to do that in the manual even though they are a piece of pi$$ to change. My old dear asked if she should take hers as a brake light bulb had gone, and they wanted about £40 for the hassle! :doh: