New rotors, pads all round and stainless

jonb

New front rotors, (brembo) pads all round and stainless/braided hoses are all on the shopping list. I'm guessing about 300-ish rwhp so stopping should be positive but not fierce - one or two track days max per year - it's a weekend road / motorway car mainly.

Keen to hear of others experiences with braided lines and different pad/rotor brands. Is it better to mix and match or stick to one supplier ? (A supplier who might have tested more combinations more reliably than the random hearsay I'm asking for!)

Anyway it's a big hit in one go for me so solutions that don't break the bank but make a noticeable improvement are dearly sought!

New front rotors, (brembo) pads all round and stainless/braided hoses are all on the shopping list. I'm guessing about 300-ish rwhp so stopping should be positive but not fierce - one or two track days max per year - it's a weekend road / motorway car mainly.

Keen to hear of others experiences with braided lines and different pad/rotor brands. Is it better to mix and match or stick to one supplier ? (A supplier who might have tested more combinations more reliably than the random hearsay I'm asking for!)

Anyway it's a big hit in one go for me so solutions that don't break the bank but make a noticeable improvement are dearly sought!

Can't get much better than Performance Friction.

Front two peice discs £572 pair

Pads all round £200

Braided lines £75

Motul fluid 1.5 ltrs £30

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

Can't get much better than Performance Friction.

Front two peice discs £572 pair

Pads all round £200

Braided lines £75

Motul fluid 1.5 ltrs £30

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

They look soooooo sweeeeeet :blush:

+1 on the PF pads

Am using them on stock Brembo setup on Phil's recommendation (along with the braided lines and RBF600), and they're simply superb. You need to work them hard to get the best out of them and they're not that easy to modulate at low speeds, but by God do they suck your face off when you really lean on them (and without setting the ABS off either)!

I like the look of those discs as well, might have to treat myself when mine finally give up the ghost...

Im guessing the rears will be the same price phil? if so 1200 on brake discs is a hell of alot of money,

Spose you get what you pay for

PF dont do a rear set so we use the DBA on the rear so brings the total package to £1100 but believe me this setup is as good as a big brake kit and with those starting at around £1500 for the front only they represent good value for money.

Also bear in mind that standard pads and discs from Nissan will cost close to £900 so not that bad considering the drastic improvement.

Is it the PF discs that the inner piece colour can be changed?

They are nice. I must save....

The PF discs only come with a black centre, DBA have a choice of bell colours but whilst the DBA are very good the PF are in a different league.

Cheers phil. I remembered seeing different coloured disc bells somewhere....

Lot of cash but the car has to stop so you might as well have some good stuff!