Still Trying to Sell my 2006 S-TUNE NISMO !!!

JDM Lover

Hi Guys,

I know the credit crunch is biting and there's a recession around the corner but I didn't realise the Zed market was THAT depressed.

I've had my JDM S-Tune up for sale for nearly six months and not a whiff of anyone ready to take the plunge.

The car is unique and almost brand new and I don't think its overpriced.

Here's the listing on Pistonheads - am I advertising it wrongly?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/341808.htm

I really need to sell as I've started spending cash on doing up my NSX, so a near offer will secure!

Cheers,

Parvin.

:worthless: of the NSX B)

I think it is slightly overprice, 20k will get you a uk car of the same age, I know it won't have the mods but some people will be put off paying 20k for a JDM car.

I think it looks a bit odd with just the wing & no kit :blush:

I'll buy your nsx though ;)

A grand! ;)

Honestly I have no idea. It is special but how many people know it's that special and you aren't just 'bigging' up the car to make it sound better as many people do that...

So what in your opinion is the right market price for the s-tune?

Its hard to say.

Glastoveteran has imported a MY07 roadster for £18500 (although he's having problems with his importer).

If your car is not selling, then its too expensive. If you've had it 6 months then its probably depreciated by at least £250 a month in that time too. If I was you I'd be chopping money off the asking price depending on how desperate to sell.

Another thing I would do is stick it on ebay starting at about £14k, reserve of about £18.5k or so and see what happens. Ebay is a great place to get exposure for your car, i sold both my zed via eBay. :)

Its funny you say that because I think I have the opposite problem.

I'm not that clued up technically so I have only stated the features that I know. If someone with knowledge took a look, they'd find that its probably got a lot more technical (and expensive) upgrades.

I'm basically an "all show, and no go" kinda guy so with my limited knowledge I must be underselling it really! :p

Its funny you say that because I think I have the opposite problem.

I'm not that clued up technically so I have only stated the features that I know. If someone with knowledge took a look, they'd find that its probably got a lot more technical (and expensive) upgrades.

I'm basically an "all show, and no go" kinda guy so with my limited knowledge I must be underselling it really! :p

See above :p

I know about Glastoveteran's problems with his import - have had many conversations with him about it as I had similar model report issues with the S-Tune.

Anyway, although I get irate with the chancers on ebay I probably will give it another go - will go for an auction this time with a reasonable reserve.

I know about Glastoveteran's problems with his import - have had many conversations with him about it as I had similar model report issues with the S-Tune.

Anyway, although I get irate with the chancers on ebay I probably will give it another go - will go for an auction this time with a reasonable reserve.

I agree that you always get chancers on eBay trying to get your car for a quid but if you persevere and are realistic it will sell :thumbs:

Cheers Sarnie.

Before it goes on ebay I'd like to announce if any forum members are interested in my Zed, I will accept £18.5k for a quick sale! There you have it.

Have you put an ad in the For Sale on here? if you have, bump it to the top with the new price :thumbs:

I'd try taking the decals off too. :blush:

+1

Not a fan of the rear spoiler either. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't even consider it with the decals and the spoiler no matter how special it is.

Without those, now that's a different matter. Lots of Nismo stuff underneath I would like to put on at some point anyway....

Good luck with the sale though, hope you get a decent price!

Guest prescience

I'd try taking the decals off too. :blush:

+1

Not a fan of the rear spoiler either. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't even consider it with the decals and the spoiler no matter how special it is.

Without those, now that's a different matter. Lots of Nismo stuff underneath I would like to put on at some point anyway....

Good luck with the sale though, hope you get a decent price!

And you Swiss know all about style

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7558129.stm

Sorry couldn't resist :blush:

Hi, mate, talked to you a few times over email. Cant believe it still isn't sold. When I fist saw it I wanted it but unfortunately a bit out of my price range and with the market how it is I am amazed at some of the prices I have seen. Hang in there she will get a good home soon :teeth:

I'm still looking for a Z and the S-Tune would be a good candidate but the lack of the full kit would put me off.

I have as has been suggested done some reading up on the S-Tune not knowing much about it and like the spec but I think I'd want the full monty

if I was going to buy one as the cost of adding the kit and wheels would be too much.