How fast are the E46 M3's?

phoenix

Guest prescience
most of all outstanding brakes. :thumbs:

For road use maybe but M3's have historically been roundly criticised for brakes which can't cope with track work.

I suspect you spend most of your miles on public roads as I do :teeth:

most of all outstanding brakes. :thumbs:

For road use maybe but M3's have historically been roundly criticised for brakes which can't cope with track work.

I suspect you spend most of your miles on public roads as I do :teeth:

Exclusively. ;)

Who cares - you drive something that shows a bit of imagination. Anyone can write a cheque for an M3 and join the masses of other BMW drivers out there.

You can arrive a few seconds sooner in a BMW :yawn: or arrive a little later in something a little more exclusive :D

No contest imho. If it were all about speed we would have spent our £30k on a radical or atom.

Who cares - you drive something that shows a bit of imagination. Anyone can write a cheque for an M3 and join the masses of other BMW drivers out there.

You can arrive a few seconds sooner in a BMW :yawn: or arrive a little later in something a little more exclusive :D

No contest imho. If it were all about speed we would have spent our £30k on a radical or atom.

Exactly. Unless you need 4 seats :ninja:

In which case why buy a 2 door car :wacko:

Around the TG track a Zed is equal to this particular model of rep-mobile. :)

friend of mine sold his 350z for an m3, the reason being he wanted 4 seats.

theres no doubt its quicker, it feels much more urgent than the slightly lazy engine in the Z.

the Z does look miles better and i hate the noise the e46 makes, its really tinny and raspy.

It doesn't do it for me. It's a good car but they are common as muck.

I drove one when I was 18 (my sisters mates) and it was scary quick. Drove one before I bought the Zed and it just didn't cut it for me.

I wouldn't say no if I needed 4 seats though.

• 2 weeks later...
Just how fast are the E46 M3's compared to the latest 350z's (309 bhp)?

I used to have an e46 m3 convertible smg, to compare it to my 06 Zed, id hate to say the m3 did have a tad bit more power, but having said that, ive raced my cousins e46 m3 and always manage to stay level with him (partly because he doesnt know about launch mode yet ;) ).

the coupes have a 0-60 time of 5.2, the convertibles will do 5.4, but i never managed to achieve those times no matter how many times i tried, only after i had a supercharger installed, i was trying the late 4's.

Get a Vauxhall :p

If fuel consumption is a concern then stay away from anything heavy or high powered.

It's heavier, has more power so I'd guess a little worse. But not having owned one I wouldn't know for sure.

I owned an E46 M3 SMG, sold it to get my 2nd Zed.

E46 is quicker, more revy. 350 is better in the bends, more planeted imo.

MPG was between 19-21mpg on average (m3), A roads and motorways journey to work. The 350 (MY06) is giving me between 20-22mpg. So not much difference.

I'd definately have another E46 M3 that's for sure. Superb car, fast and very practicle.

MPG was between 19-21mpg on average (m3), A roads and motorways journey to work. The 350 (MY06) is giving me between 20-22mpg. So not much difference.

I'd definately have another E46 M3 that's for sure. Superb car, fast and very practicle.

If you didnt have a car right now and were offered either one to take home, which would it be?

If you didnt have a car right now and were offered either one to take home, which would it be?

An M3 :thumbs:

Then i would sell it, buy a zed for a lot less money and spend what i saved on some nice mods and a 2 week holiday. ;)