lambo doors

new305z

+1 about the weight, LSD are supposed to be the best apparently. I always said i would fit lambo doors to the Z when i bought it but after reading Andy's article when he fitted his i must admit it looked like a right pain in the ar$e!! :nono:

theres some on ebay £150 with lol £75 p&p from the states.

must be able to get good ones here ?

seem to remember that the ones of ebay were very poor and somebody had issues with them. As just said before LSD ones are the ones to get

Not having fitted them, but I would imagine there would be an issue due to there being no frame on the top of the door. Also door handles dont lend themselves to a lambo fitting.. But they do look cool though (IMO!)

Would be cool if you used some actuators like on Pimp my Ride and they open / close at a touch of a button with a solanoid under the wing mirror....

Speak to Andy and Zedrush about them. As previously said, cheap kits are dodgy and I'm sure one of them killed a hinge or lock or something with a cheap kit as it never lined up properly. Better to pay the extra expense and do it right :)

The LSD kit is the only way to go imho. It took me two days to fit the kit but I would recommend getting a professional bodyshop to install them as some bits can be a little fiddly. Imho again, they really do suit the 350, especially with the frameless doors and are stable in wind as well if tack welded on. As for Jays ones, he had a different design of hinge system to the LSD ones and he did suffer from droopage (enter comments here) but on the new LSD kits, I have not experienced anything like that and once setup for height etc have been perfect with no shift. The other advantage to the LSD kits is that you can still open the door 3/4 of the way like a standard door and then raise them meaning you don't have to always use them to get in/out of the car.

I am a dealer for the LSD doors so if you are interested, drop me a PM and I will sort you out a price for them. :thumbs:

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

The other advantage to the LSD kits is that you can still open the door 3/4 of the way like a standard door and then raise them meaning you don't have to always use them to get in/out of the car.

Just my opinion but ironically although it makes them much more usable it makes them look much worse as from the font on that stick out at such an angle it looks like wings.

Really you want them going up virtually straight away...i.e. don't really suit cars where the frame is not designed for.

• 2 months later...
these doors look amazing. are they practical and do they add value to the car? again, amazing doors

They are easy to use, as posted above, you can open them 3/4 as you would normally so for day to day use you can still use the door as normal then if you fancy it, you can put them up as well.

The added value the doors could bring comes down to how much someone values them when the time comes to sell your Z on. imo, they look stunning with the frameless doors so would enhance my decision to buy the car.