18" Rays Alloys Wanted

rudester

I'm in Cheshire. Here are a couple of pictures. The car is being serviced, MOT'd and having a LPG system fitted this week. I've been looking at after market rims. Any suggestions? I'll be doing a lot of miles so ride comfort is important.

Well just so you had the info. As I said, I don't much about the conversions so couldn't comment.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted on how it runs and the fiqures you achieve. I think there would be some interest in it to be honest.

I've been running diesels (BMW E90 & E65) for the last 4 years. With diesel at £1.30 i'd have to find something that did 50 MPG to match the Z on LPG. I can't think of any cars that combine that sort of fuel consumpion with the fun levels of the Z! Can you?

I've been running diesels (BMW E90 & E65) for the last 4 years. With diesel at £1.30 i'd have to find something that did 50 MPG to match the Z on LPG. I can't think of any cars that combine that sort of fuel consumpion with the fun levels of the Z! Can you?

No, but will the zed's performance whilst running on gas be the same as when its run on petrol?

Guys, must confess mine is the lpg Z up on pistonheads. For 53.9p a litre at my local filling station I cant complain about fuel prices at all but the rising cost of my mortgage etc looks like I am going to have to sell her and get something smaller. Hopefully I can keep her a little bit longer though.

I bought the car with the lpg conversion already fitted in 2007. This after running a Golf TDI. Having the LPG was the deciding factor in buying the Z in the first place as I do a lot of miles.

The system was fitted by Greenfuel in 2006 and uses flashlube to keep the valves lubricated. I have done over 20k so far trouble free. As long as the system is installed by an experienced installer I wouldnt have thought there would be any problems.

Performance wise, I would say the power is more immediate when running on petrol but nothing really noticeable for everyday driving. Easy enough to flick the switch to petrol though for those country lanes :scare:

PM me if you need any info/advice.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...