ELM 327 Diagnostic Cable Problems

TT Convert

Firstly I tried the cables off my Audi TT for obvious reasons they didnt work.

Bought the correct protocoll cable off fleabay, tried that this morning and hey presto, that wont work. Got the program digimoto (recomended by members). Software works fine, it finds the interface box but says its having no response from my car :scare::scare::scare: Anybody have any ideas or had simler problems??

TT convert, contact BlaZt (Jason specifically), say Bronzee suggested you contact them. They have a very clever consult cable for a 350z. The website isn't the prettiest, but they know what they are doing.

http://www.blazt.biz

:thumbs: thanks will do.

ok I have had my pleniumnemium spacer fitted today, the garage also couldnt hook up to my car :scare::scare: .

any one else had this problem?

• 2 months later...
TT convert, contact BlaZt (Jason specifically), say Bronzee suggested you contact them. They have a very clever consult cable for a 350z. The website isn't the prettiest, but they know what they are doing.

http://www.blazt.biz

:thumbs: thanks will do.

ok I have had my pleniumnemium spacer fitted today, the garage also couldnt hook up to my car :scare::scare: .

any one else had this problem?

Tried Bimoto with an ELM327 yesterday. Strange things happened. Got connected for about 5 seconds then it reset (disconnected) I could sit and redo that for as long as I want still the same result. In Windows it shows as a serial usb converter and the COM port is 8 so the program can find it and actually goes out and does a bit of RX/FX on the lights but it's like it founds out it does not like it... :scare:

Mine is a JDM and wondering if that might be causing me some issues?

Anyone else experience this?

B)

what baud rates are ye all using on the ELM327?

Will let you know when I get home, its raining so dont want to goto the car and get wet :teeth::thumbs:

Still raining? :teeth:

j/k

Had a go on the Altezza I got and got the same response it takes a few RX/TX and then BANG (the dust is gone...) lost connection.

Exact box name: ELM327 Ver1.2a

Comes up in Device manager as (see attached pics on settings), cant see the buffer value as discussed here (only available for normal serial cables I think...) does anyoen have the driver details you use?

B)

Sorry did go look, but its been metal busy at work and forgot to post it when I got home!

Baud is set to 9600.

From your settings this is starting to ring bell. I think it is the drivers that are the issue as I had this before and a new driver fixed it. Drop me your email address in a PM and I'll send my driver to you and see if that fixes it.

Oh and keep posting on here to remind me, I'm loosing my memory :lol:

Sorry did go look, but its been metal busy at work and forgot to post it when I got home!

Baud is set to 9600.

From your settings this is starting to ring bell. I think it is the drivers that are the issue as I had this before and a new driver fixed it. Drop me your email address in a PM and I'll send my driver to you and see if that fixes it.

PM sent :thumbs:

:D

Baud is set to 9600.

Recieved. Will send them tonight when I remember :blush:

Baud is set to 9600.

Recieved. Will send them tonight when I remember :blush:

deadly... :thumbs:

(I'll remind you don't worry...)

:surrender: