Oil Consumption

clarkie34

Noticed my car was using quite a lot of oil.

Car is a 06 revup engine,read some threads that there is a known issue with this engine.

Took car to stealers explained about the oil consumption,there reply was that the 350z engine is bullit proof and they had not had any trouble with oil.

I explained that on the various owners club web sites that there is a known issue with the revup engine.He looked on the Nissan data base of issues none came up with oil consumtion.

So they have filled it up again,added some dye and told me to run it for 500 miles then take it back.

Fingers crossed its nothing major,but if it is its still under warranty.

Topped it up begining of June now on low level again.They told me to go back in 500 miles but the way its going i will be back before then.

They checked for leaks today and found nothing.

When i explained about the known issue he looked at me as if i were from another planet.

Topped it up begining of June now on low level again.They told me to go back in 500 miles but the way its going i will be back before then.

When i explained about the known issue he looked at me as if i were from another planet.

Must be part of the training :dry:

Have a look at this - similar probs over the pond

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/latest-u ... 088-a.html

:dry:

So far my Dec 06 ZED has used about a litre of oil in 9000 miles so I can't complain :) I did run it in from new 'to the letter'. I've always have doubts about press and demo cars which have most likely have been caned from day 1 and that will not help longevity.

Have a look at this - similar probs over the pond

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/latest-u ... 088-a.html

:dry:

So far my Dec 06 ZED has used about a litre of oil in 9000 miles so I can't complain :) I did run it in from new 'to the letter'. I've always have doubts about press and demo cars which have most likely have been caned from day 1 and that will not help longevity.

You appear to be one of the lucky ones. I too ran mine in 'by the book' but it still has an appetite for oil.

You seem to have got much the same response as I did. What sort mileage have you covered in the last month?

Anyone know what the amount of oil is required between min and max on the dipstick?

I seem to remember it being 1 litre.

Also never let the oil light come on. I think it's when the pump is starved of oil.

All responses I think have been stolen from Prescience in the past. Dorian, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! :D