Decat pipes- anyone been caught?

IanS16

Hey all,

Was thinking of getting some decat pipes, first question is where do they go? Do they replace they Y pipe??

Also im pretty sure people DO drive on the road with them as unless you are gunning it past a copper they surely wont know and if you are gunning it then you are probably going to get done for speeding anyway! Has anybody here been caught?

p.s. missed out on some on ebay for £10.50 - got home and missed the auction by 20 mins! gutted :dry:

I run decat pipes for a year. You get more sound but you will lose torque. In my case I lost 40ft/lbs & it does make a huge difference. Also you won't pass an MOT with them fitted so they would need to be removed for that. Your also gonna get a CEL & even with the non foulers in place I was still getting the light returning within 50miles of an ECU reset.

They are worth it for the noise but in the long term you are better off going for hi flow cats

I run decat pipes for a year. You get more sound but you will lose torque. In my case I lost 40ft/lbs & it does make a huge difference. Also you won't pass an MOT with them fitted so they would need to be removed for that. Your also gonna get a CEL & even with the non foulers in place I was still getting the light returning within 50miles of an ECU reset.

They are worth it for the noise but in the long term you are better off going for hi flow cats

Are high flow cats legal? also i heard that you loose torque even with the high flow cats due to lack of back pressure? Are high flow cats expensive?

Are high flow cats legal? also i heard that you loose torque even with the high flow cats due to lack of back pressure? Are high flow cats expensive?

Decats a no no.

High flows still drop of some bottom end torque and are £280

Decats a no no.

OK. Well i guess thats a no then :lol: Dont really want to lose any power!

• 1 year later...

Decats a no no.

OK. Well i guess thats a no then :lol: Dont really want to lose any power!

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=25913&p=430504&sid=5ebe2c97d911fa2543f090bb526750dd#p430504

I got highly confused untill i saw the date :wacko:

i wish people would look at the date first :rant:

the tread is still open as IMO someone should have concluded the topic e.g. i found out decats are good or decats are bad or whatever. When I first joined I found alot of unfinished threads. quite annoying when you are trying to learn.

I got highly confused untill i saw the date :wacko:

i wish people would look at the date first :rant:

the tread is still open as IMO someone should have concluded the topic e.g. i found out decats are good or decats are bad or whatever. When I first joined I found alot of unfinished threads. quite annoying when you are trying to learn.

TBH most threads just fall into bizarre off topic directions, so if someone tried to finish it, then they would be off topic :lol:

I was confused to, thought BigPhil was back on the scene :dummy: